PDA

View Full Version : He/she was the perfect....

TheVBs
05-29-2014, 07:17 AM
Have you ever had a meet & greet with a non-costumed character and thought they were just the perfect person for that role? So much so that you're actually disappointed by others? :blush:

I have a few examples, but the most memorable is the first time we met Tinker Bell. She was awesome!! The ones we've met since just don't even come close. And, I really don't think this is a case of thinking that because she was the first one we met. We met many Auroras and Belles before we met the "perfect" ones.

RBrooksC
05-29-2014, 08:44 AM
I can't really answer that question but I can say the guy playing Gaston, last year, was perfect in the role.

He heard me telling a child in line with me, yes, I wanted my photos with him, that Gaston was my favorite. He yelled back, while taking photos with another group, that he was his favorite, too.

It was that perfect touch that made everybody laugh and showed that he "got" the character and played it full tilt.

PirateLover
05-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Gotta ditto Gaston. I've seen him out and about a few times, met him once. Not even the same Gaston every time but man was he always "on."

i'm grumpy
05-29-2014, 01:28 PM
LOL.

We saw the perfect Prince Charming. No one can compare.

EeyoresBestFriend
05-29-2014, 11:27 PM
Ours was Mary Poppins in Epcot. We saw one that was the epitome of who she should be. Next to Julie Andrews, herself, this Mary was perfect!

TheVBs
05-31-2014, 11:54 AM
We met the perfect Gaston at the 2011 Halloween party! He was perfect and just "on" all the time like someone else mentioned. We saw a Gaston by the tavern this last trip and while I didn't get close enough to be able to tell how in character he was, he didn't look as much like Gaston as the other one.

Melanie
05-31-2014, 12:17 PM
Every Gaston I've seen has been incredible as far as being into the character. His personality lends to it being perfect character interaction. Love him!

I have to admit that I'm pretty particular in regard to characters when it comes to what I think is right for the role, looks and personality-wise. We've had some pretty amazing character experiences being overseas (those roles are hard to get), but my forever favorite will be the Aladdin we met in '06 while cheering my hubby at the WDW Marathon in MGM Studios. I'll forever compare every Aladdin to him. :heart:

akaDisneyDreamer
05-31-2014, 05:04 PM
Back in 2009 we met Snow White in Epcot-Germany and she was perfect! She looked the part, her mannerisms were spot on, even her voice ... and I was totally convinced that she WAS Snow White! I've met a lot of good characters, but she was the best!

i'm grumpy
06-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Sounds like the Aladdin we saw, but it may have been earlier than '06. :D

azcavalier
07-17-2014, 10:46 AM
We watched Jack Sparrow in Adventureland a few years ago talking to a couple of kids in a street performance, and he was spot-on. Problem is, I haven't bothered to stop and check out the others since then, so I couldn't say.

tinkx2
07-23-2014, 02:55 PM
It's been about 5 years ago, but it was Capt Jack. He ran like him, looked like him and had all the mannerism like him. He was awesome. i could have wrapped him up and took him home with me.:pixie:

Mickey91
07-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Peter Pan in the early 2000's. I think he really is/was Peter Pan! Perfect!
:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-23-2014, 09:13 PM
It's been about 5 years ago, but it was Capt Jack. He ran like him, looked like him and had all the mannerism like him. He was awesome. i could have wrapped him up and took him home with me.:pixie:

I know EXACTLY which one you are talking about! :cloud9:

BigRedDad
09-15-2014, 12:36 PM
Back in 2008 when the Fairies just started to be out, the line was long before a MVMCP. It was 30 minutes before and a CM asked if anyone in line wanted to meet the Princesses because there was no one there. The CM said she would put us right up front for the Fairies at the start of MVMCP when it started. So, we go. My daughter, almost 3, had been up since 5AM. She meets Cinderella, Aurora, and Belle. She was the only one in there for 30 minutes. After about 5 minutes talking with them, she was taking pictures with them. She sat on Belles lap, Belle held her tight, and she started falling asleep and eventually did in her arms. She held her for about 15 minutes as she napped. I had to take her back because Belle had to change into her red ballroom gown for the MVMCP. When we got up to her, my daughter thanked her for letting her take a little nap. Completely precious and Belle remembered her.

IloveJack
09-15-2014, 10:20 PM
In Oct '09, we took our ODD for her first birthday. She wore her Tink costume, and we happened to be the last of the 3 parties allowed into Pixie Hollow at the time (back when it was still in the judge's tent). We met each of the fairies in turn, but when Tink saw our little Tink, she fell in love. She paraded her around, called the other fairies over (by this time, we were the only ones left in the room, and no one else was being allowed in yet), and they sat down and sang and played with ODD. I'm not sure how long we stayed in there, but my video lasts 5 minutes, and it was just the tail end. We've yet to meet another Tink who was quite so "Tink."

ransam
09-16-2014, 02:11 AM
THis isn't exactly a character but last year we were there and DeVIne was doing her thing. suddenly we see a group of Emergency workers coming through with a lady on a stretcher. I happened to look up at her and she had the most sympathetic look of love, concern and warmth I have ever seen. I couldn't help but think that is actually how she would react. It was the perfect picturte.

ransam
09-24-2014, 03:02 AM
Another funny interaction. a couple years ago my sister (who was well into her 40's) brought with her a Talking Mickey. when we were in HS we were having our pics taken with Donald. When it was her turn Donald looked one look at her with the Talking Mickey around her neck, turned his back in a huff and pretended to ignore her., then he turned around and kind of flicked the MIckey...she laughed, took it off and he hugged her and took the pic. I thought that was kind of funny, and exactly how you would expect Donald to act