PDA

View Full Version : Pool Time!

SunnyLee
05-28-2014, 11:22 PM
What is the best resort POOL??? As crazy as this might sound: my Hubby, boys & I just want to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort and enjoy the pool, and other fun stuff around the resort(s) w/o going to the parks...so what pool is the most fun?! Slides, kiddy pool, splash pad? My boys are 2yr & 1yr old ...Thanks!

Just keep swimming ..just keep swimming..:mickey:

stephicakes
05-29-2014, 05:46 AM
Yacht/Beach club - hands down in my opinion!! For the little ones they have a kiddie area where the kids can play in the white sand right in the water! And if you order a kiddie meal from the counter service outside, it is served in a little pail with a shovel so the kids can use that to have more fun. When we were there in May, I also saw parents floating in the lazy river with their babies in their own personal "baby floaties" (the ones with the sunshade) that they brought from home so that is allowed as well. And of course YC/BC has the cool shipwreck waterslide that also has a kiddie area on the first level! We like to go to BC just to get a few days rest w/o going into the parks so it is a perfect area for R&R!! There are also things to do/places to eat at the Boardwalk which is easy walking distance away.

:waycool: Happy Planning! :vacation:

BrerGnat
05-29-2014, 09:06 AM
YC/BC for sure! The pool is amazing and the general resort atmosphere is outstanding. Being on Crescent Lake makes for lots of great nearby restaurants. Also, you can do the surrey bike around the lake (there are seats in front for the kids...similar to a supermarket cart). The Swan/Dolphin resort has an amazing playground that is easy to walk to as well. You can watch the Boardwalk entertainers at night. You can see some fireworks from Illuminations as well. It's a very fun location.

ThanxForNoticin
05-29-2014, 12:40 PM
I can tell you, my response also goes immediately to the pool at BC/YC - it's an amazing and fun pool to play at. But with a 1 and 2 yr-old, I'm thinking the pools at AKL are very fun, as well. The relatively new pool on the Kidani side is lots of fun for kids. And whichever pool you use at AKL, they are within a short walk of seeing animals on one of the savannahs.

I believe that almost all the pools at Disney have their afternoon pool parties, too - lots of music and fun and games for the kids. You really can enjoy a large portion of your day at a Disney pool - weather permitting!! Have fun.

BrerGnat
05-29-2014, 12:59 PM
The issue with AKL on a "no parks" trip is how remote it is and the lack of recreational options there.

waymickey
05-29-2014, 01:51 PM
Beach club yacht club has a great pool and lots of entertainment at the boardwalk. WL is also a great pool. It is not big but nice and the quiet pool is awesome. There is also a lot to do boating , biking, and the campgrounds are nearby with a petting area and horses.