PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs

momef3grls
05-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Any help on this resort would be appreciated. Crew going down is 2 DD's and their boyfriends, DGS, myself and DH who may be in a wheelchair (total of 7). We have never stayed here and it is looking like a good option for us since I will now need help with my husband. Any assistance as to rooms, dining or moving around the resort are very much appreciated. Trip won't be until 2016 just trying to do some advance planning since my husband's stroke has thrown our preplanning into a different direction.

Pirate Granny
05-28-2014, 10:54 PM
How is your husband doing?

lawgirl
05-29-2014, 10:35 AM
We have always stayed at AKL, felt like it was our second home (haha!) then last Dec it wasn't available for our room size, dates, etc. We decided to go with Saratoga Springs, and we were amazed when we got there. It's so quiet and peaceful, the 2 bedroom villa seemed huge to us, the decor and theming is wonderful. We loved it so much, we booked again for this year, and will book it next year as well. For us it was perfect.

It is really spread out. We stayed in Congress Park, which is not too far from the main lobby / dining, and also, a short walk to Downtown Disney, which was so convenient. We never waited long for the bus. We had a view of the water and Downtown Disney, and it was gorgeous. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, and it was perfect for us. My only complaint, which is not really a complaint, is the doors from the living room to the master bathroom. Its really choppy, and would be difficult to maneuver in a wheelchair. However, the bathroom in the 2d bedroom with the queen beds was spacious and open.

We ate several meals at the Artist Palette, and really enjoyed the food selection, so much that we picked that over going to DD or another resort. I did order groceries ahead of time, and they were delivered to the room right as we were checking in. Because it is more spread out, I really suggest ordering some groceries, especially drinks and snacks...we drink alot of iced tea and sparkeling water, and milk for the kids, and it was nice to have a stocked fridge. We ended up spending more time in the villa than we had planned, just because we liked the room so much!

We happened to love the decor and architecture. My family has always loved equestrian and Victorian themes, and it reminded me alot of the feel of the Grand Floridian, without all the traffic and $$. It was so peaceful and quiet, we almost didn't know anyone else was staying there. We really enjoyed walking around the path and enjoyed the landscaping.

Overall, for us it is a great resort and perfect for our needs. I definitely see us spending many more vacations there. Hope that helps!

momef3grls
05-29-2014, 05:19 PM
DH is doing well and moving to rehab real soon. Hoping at this point he will be somewhat back to normal when we go down to the world but trying to explore all options at this point. Until he can fully communicate with us, still on vent and trach, we won't know what limitations he will have. Hoping for the best but planning for some down time and rest periods for him.

lawgirl
05-30-2014, 06:45 PM
One thing that we all really liked about SS was that is was peaceful and tranquil (at least when we were there). We never actually saw anyone else in our building, and never heard anyone while we were there. It seems like it would lend itself to very restful downtime. Even at the AKL, it can get so noisy and crowded. my daughter got really sick before the trip, and was still not feeling well on the trip, and it was the perfect resort to stroll her around and she napped alot outside because it was so calm and restful.

I hope you all can enjoy your trip!