PDA

View Full Version : Tickets without RFID - Exchange?

Jack Skellington
05-28-2014, 02:03 PM
We purchased our tickets before the price increase and they do not have the new RFID, allowing them to work at the new Fastpass+ stations.

How and where do we exchange them for RFID tickets? Can it be done at the gate? Guest services? DTD?

Looking to save time and hassle on our first day at the parks, so if this can be done before hand I would like to do so.

Thanks in advance!

JS:mickey:

PirateLover
05-29-2014, 01:50 PM
I'm *pretty* sure you are able to exchange them at any ticket window. However, you should be able to link your tickets before hand via My Disney Experience. On our January trip, we had separate room reservations and tickets. Since we were staying at a Disney resort, we got magic bands, and were able to link the barcode on our tickets to our magic bands. We still brought the paper tickets with us just to be safe, but we never had any issues getting into the parks.:thumbsup:

eeyorefamily
05-29-2014, 03:28 PM
We were just there at the week after Easter. We were not staying on property so we went to Pin Traders in DTD because we wanted to get magic bands for our family. They called over a manager who was able to switch over to RFID cards on the spot and then linked them to the magic bands. We were also told we could have gotten the RFID cards at guest relations in DTD. We did not want to have to wait to change them over at the parks and waste time in the inevitably long lines there. No lines at all at Pin Traders!