PDA

View Full Version : Southwest fare reduced

disneymom15
05-28-2014, 10:11 AM
We've booked our flights with Southwest. Just noticed today that the fare came down $5 per leg. Is that a big enough drop to do a fare credit? If it is, how do I do that!

faline
05-28-2014, 10:17 AM
When I've done fare credits, I've called them to request the credit. The credit is not taken off your current fare - it is put into a bank to be used for a future flight. You need to use your credit within one year of the time you first booked your flight.

lawgirl
05-28-2014, 10:48 AM
I booked our flight a couple of weeks ago, and just got the email about the fare sale. I went online to southwest website, and pulled up our flight info, clicked on the "change" button, and essentially rebooked the trip at the lower cost, and the credit gets saved for our next booking.

To be safe, I would call first and see the best way to do it. Let me know what they say...I didn't call just did it online, but if there is a better way I'd like to know!

Disney Goof
05-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Just to be clear, it goes as a credit to each individual ticket, not as one lump sum.

So if you bought four tickets, each person named on the ticket will have a credit of $10 if it is $5 cheaper each leg. And yes you do have to use it within a year. It is worth it if you travel on Southwest often.

Happy Travels!!!
:mickey:

Tinkerbella16
06-03-2014, 09:26 PM
My parents flights for November just went down today with SW... They could have saved $100 roundtrip! They are going to call and look into a credit for a future booking. You just never know when to pull the trigger on airfare, especially for this reason!