PDA

View Full Version : all stars

Disney-Nut
05-27-2014, 03:49 PM
My brother is possibly staying at the all star sports and I'm going to be staying at the movies. How far of a walk is it and roughly how long would it take to get from one to the other. He has a new born on the way and a 4 year old.

MargaretMessler
05-27-2014, 04:08 PM
My brother is possibly staying at the all star sports and I'm going to be staying at the movies. How far of a walk is it and roughly how long would it take to get from one to the other. He has a new born on the way and a 4 year old.

It is not very far AT ALL, and actually might be quite close depending on which sections of each resort you are each staying in. I see from your sig line, you have stayed at Pop, think of it this way - the three all stars combined are about the size of Pop.

I'm going to say a single adult walking at a decent (not power walking) pace could get from one end of the first to the far end of the last, in 15-20 minutes, but I have never timed it and obviously with small children in tow it might be longer.

To get as close as possible, I would say you should request Mighty Ducks 3 (that section has a pool too) and your brother should request Homerun Hotel 8 or 9 (also a pool there). Requests are never a guarantee, but that would be a VERY quick walk for either of you.

Have a great time! :mickey:

MargaretMessler
05-27-2014, 04:09 PM
With a few exceptions, can't really walk between anywhere on property--
The AS's are separate, and there's no linking path, but they may be on the same bus route.

(One time, could see the back of AS Sports from the back of Music, but didn't look like there was any allowable place to cut through the greenery that hid them.)

Unless things have changed, you can definitely walk between them, it just may require crossing a parking lot.

steamboat willy
05-27-2014, 09:19 PM
We have walked FROM Allstar Music to visit Sports & Movies pushing a wheel chair. They all 3 connect via parking lots. How close DEPENDS on which building your assigned and which building your brothers assigned. Still very do able.

VacationDisney
05-30-2014, 02:20 PM
You will be able to walk to each of the resorts. Have fun:mickey:

MargaretMessler
05-30-2014, 04:16 PM
We have walked FROM Allstar Music to visit Sports & Movies pushing a wheel chair. They all 3 connect via parking lots. How close DEPENDS on which building your assigned and which building your brothers assigned. Still very do able.

Exactly. In the examples I gave above, it would literally be only two small patches of parking lot, and the length of Melody Hall (main check-in building).