PDA

View Full Version : Early planning stages

barbiegirl314
05-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Planning a trip for April of 2015:mickey: looking at April 24th through May 2. What would the crowds and weather be like at that time?

MargaretMessler
05-27-2014, 03:28 AM
That's about the same time we're looking at. It should be pretty manageable, not ultra low crowds, but not super busy either. Easter is early in April, which is key. I went mid May last year - returning just before Memorial Day - and it started getting super crowded the last couple days of our stay.

faline
05-27-2014, 07:59 AM
Just recently got back from a May 4th - 12th trip and found the crowds to be considerably higher than I expected. In fact, the Magic Kingdom, in particular was mobbed! I had not seen so many folks in that park since I had been there during Presidents Day weekend.

Given the recent trend to higher May crowds, I would expect moderate to heavy crowds during the time you are planning - you can manage but you need to have patience and plan well.

PETE FROM NYC
05-27-2014, 05:04 PM
DW and I did that around 20 years ago, to be there for our anniversary, 4/28. The early part was nice, both crowds and weather. Then the weather got hot, and on 5/1 back then is when Florida residents got their discount, and it seemed like they all showed up at once.15 minute lines turned to 90 minute lines.