PDA

View Full Version : Best place to see Minnie?

lawgirl
05-26-2014, 05:52 PM
This trip (Dec 2014) will be the first time my 2YO daughter will be along. Last year, she was really sick, and so stayed in the hotel room most of the time while we took turns going out. Anyways, she LOVES Minnie, and I'm trying to decide where is the best place for her to "meet" Minnie. We prob won't do the parks a whole lot, possibly MK and Epcot. I'm thinking Chef Mickey's or Cape May might be the best experience for her.

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated. Just want her to have some quality time with Minnie:)

AgentC
05-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Minnie meets with the rest of the fab five at Chef Mickey's in her traditional. We've eaten there several times and the character interaction is okay. It is a very busy location and most of the time (there are always exceptions) the character time is brief. My kids loved Chef Mickey's but it is not one of my favorites due to the noise level.

Cape May has Minnie in her beach attire with Donald and Goofy. Although the waiting area is sometimes a little hectic, I find Cape May to be much more relaxing once you are seated. I think the character interaction is good.

As EricJ mentioned Minnie is available in Storybook Circus at MK. I have not visited her at her new location there.

She is also available at the Character Spot in Epcot. We visited there in February and had an excellent experience. It was not crowded the day we were there and the characters spent quite a bit of time with my daughter.

lawgirl
05-27-2014, 10:25 AM
As EricJ mentioned Minnie is available in Storybook Circus at MK. I have not visited her at her new location there.

I've never been to the Storybook Circus. But it looks cute. Is there usually a long line? We usually ride the MK train first thing, and it always passes that area, but we've never really paid much attention. With my daughter though, I really want to strategically plan to see Minnie. I don't think she'll want to ride many rides, but we must see Minnie!

Thanks for all the tips so far. This is a big help!

Susan A
05-27-2014, 05:12 PM
We met Minnie once in October. It was at the character spot in Epcot. She was lovely, as usual. I love meeting characters indoors in the a/c!

I asked Minnie who does her make- up and she pointed to herself! :cloud9:

GoldenAurora
09-04-2014, 08:38 PM
DH and I met Minnie (along with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy) at the Storybook Circus area when we went last year. We were there the week before Thanksgiving and it was later in the evening, maybe after 6pm. The line was nonexistent and we were able to have some very nice, longer interactions with all the characters there. As a bonus, the setting and costumes were all so adorable!

rjmdds
09-05-2014, 09:27 AM
I would recommend Storybook Circus when it first opens (which is 9:45am when park opening is 9am) or later in the evening. It is a very cute setup.

If you happen to go to DHS, Minnie has a very little-known greet all to her self in the Art of Animation Building next to Sorcerer Mickey. There is no sign as to what is in the room, but it is Minnie in her own dressing room. There is rarely a line simply because no on knows she is there. She has her own Photopass photographer and there is usually plenty of interaction time since not many people are around.

Mickey'sGirl
09-05-2014, 11:21 AM
We had fabulous Minnie interaction at both Storybook Circus at MK, and at the Character Spot in Epcot. Both Minnies were lovely.