PDA

View Full Version : Family of 5

mludman
05-26-2014, 04:23 PM
which is the best resort for a family or 5. 2 adults, kids are 10, 8 and 3

lawgirl
05-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Which category are you looking at? For us, the villas at either Saratoga Springs or AKL have been fabulous, esp with our toddlers. I love having the kitchen and washer/dryer in the unit.

I've heard the AoA suites are nice as well, if you want something more kid themed.

Do you think you'll spend much time at the resort? Or mostly at the parks?

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Port Orleans Riverside has rooms for 5, and is a super resort with a great pool (and 4 quiet pools) and my favourite food court.

The only possible downside is that they aren't suites, so there is less room than the suite options, but they are more affordable as well.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
05-27-2014, 07:03 AM
What has always worked for us is two connecting rooms at a value resort. You have four beds and two bathrooms and the door is open between the two rooms. We have also stayed a Deluxe resort which also sleeps five ( two queens and a day bed) but the two connecting rooms was much better.

eandrsmom
05-27-2014, 09:30 AM
We stayed in a Lion King Suite at AoA last trip. It was great! We loved the theme, the pool, and having two bathrooms. We've also stayed in the FW Cabins which were very nice. We liked having a full kitchen and being able to park right next to the cabin. We're trying POR this July. I'm guessing it will be a bit crowded, but I got a great rate and it's a short trip. The resort itself is very nice.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Our last visit our three kids were 10-6-5 and POR worked out great for us. Value wise, its going to be the best bet and the murphy bed is way more than adequate for a 3 year old. You would be in the Alligator Bayou section.

I love the resort.

Mitzie
05-27-2014, 11:10 AM
We too are a family of 5 and this is what I have found:

POR is the cheapest route even over 2 rooms at a value.
Deluxe rooms other than AKL and WL have a day bed and sleep 5
Cabins sleep 6
One bedroom villas at OKW and AKL sleep 5
AOA suites sleep 6
WL and BWI have dlx rooms that sleep 6
Dolphin will let you put a rollaway in the room and sleep 5
There are suites spread around that sleep 5+

It will all add up to how much space you want and how much you want to pay.

Tigerinvestigator
06-04-2014, 04:26 PM
Stay at the Dolphin. The price is much better, the resort is very family friendly, the view can be fantastic, and easy access to Epcot and DHS. My family prefers the Dolphin over pretty much any other resorts now!:thumbsup:

VWL Mom
06-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Just to add to Mitzie's list:

Studio Villas at VWL and VGF now sleep 5
BLT One Bedroom sleeps 5