PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass plus question..

DizNee143
05-26-2014, 03:43 PM
We are going the first week in December..I know I still have time, but I'm retrying to make sense of all this new stuff lol..
To set up the fastpass + I have to purchase park tickets before I get to Disney?
I usually just wait and buy them when we get there. But it seems I should/need to buy before hand so I can utilize the fastpass+, right?
These magic bands and this fastpass system is gonna take me a little bit to get use to. Call me crazy but I enjoyed the old fashion way for both better. Lol..
Hopefully someone can help me out and make sense of all this for me. Thank you in advance for the help. :mickey:

yankeesfan123
05-26-2014, 05:18 PM
Buy them ahead of time!!!

Not only can you book you FP in advance, but they're cheaper!!

MargaretMessler
05-26-2014, 06:49 PM
Call me crazy but I enjoyed the old fashion way for both better. Lol..

No you're not crazy, I liked the old way just fine too. Didn't see the need for a change, but I shall get used to it. I have been asking all sorts of questions too. Went 2x last year, but this was before the general rollout of FP+ and MagicBand

DizNee143
05-27-2014, 05:21 AM
So I do need to purchase ahead of time to utilize the fast pass+?

Ugh..
I never understood how they are cheaper..It always ends up being the price it says on the Disney site when I pay! lol

yankeesfan123
05-27-2014, 06:01 AM
It's cheaper if you buy from a site like the Official Ticket Center.

You do not have to have them in advance to use FP+, but you do need to have them in order to book your FP+ selections 60 days (30 if offsite) ahead of time.

If you don't buy the tickets until you get there, then you'll have to wait until then to book your FP+ selections.

ThanxForNoticin
05-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Yes, you can save a few dollars getting them in advance. And if you have them in advance, you can take care of linking them to Magic Bands and be a little better prepared when you arrive at Disney - and as stated, you can schedule FP+ 60 days out.

But if you opt to wait until you get to the park to buy them, you can make that work, as well.

While there were times I thought Disney should offer a PhD training course to use Magic Bands and FP+, you will get the hang of how it all works!! We personally think it's tremendous overkill for how we spend our days at the parks - but it's the way it is in 2014. Have a great trip!

DizNee143
05-30-2014, 06:14 AM
Thanx everyone for the help..
I feel like with the magic bands and fastpass+ and ADR I should also schedule my bathroom breaks in advance also..lol