PDA

View Full Version : Magic bands and credit card link

PETE FROM NYC
05-25-2014, 11:30 PM
There are 3 adults on the ressir. Can we each link our different credit cards to our magic bands??

VWL Mom
05-26-2014, 06:11 AM
Yes you can. The credit card is still linked to the room just as the KTTW cards were.

g8rgirl29
05-26-2014, 12:31 PM
Be careful and check back at the desk at check out or the night before checkout. When we went in January we set up two different credit cards on two different bands. When we got home and got our emailed receipt all charges went to one credit card. Even though each charge listed who had purchased what it still billed it to one credit card in the end. We easily settled out on our own. But, for some who live on credit this could have been a mess.

justice11
05-26-2014, 05:49 PM
can I just put cash on my magic band

MargaretMessler
05-26-2014, 06:47 PM

No I don't think so, but you could "secure" your room charging privileges with a credit card or debit card then just pay your balance off in cash every couple days I believe. I think they run the credit card only once you get to a certain dollar amount, so as long as you "settled up" before then you could do cash that way.

If I am incorrect, someone will be along to correct me, but I think this is possible.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-27-2014, 09:20 AM

Yes you can (as long as your are staying on property), and it will be my plan from now on. I have had repeated problems with charging privileges at Disney, but I love the convienence of using KTTK/MBs to pay for and track my expenses, so I keep trying to make it work.

Disney absolutely can put cash on your room account as a "credit balance" during your check-in process, where you could front the money (and let Disney keep it safe) and spend the balance down to zero. In the event you don't spend it all, they will refund you the remaining balance, in CASH, upon departure. Disney can also apply a credit balance to your charge account using gift cards or Disney Reward Points, which is exactly what I do with my Reward Points every single trip.

One detail that I am unsure of is if Disney will allow you to establish charging privileges with CASH only, or if the computer still requires a credit card on file just in case. There is no reason they shouldn't technically be able to set your credit limit equal to your cash deposit, but whether they actually will do it or not, I have never established myself.

After repeatedly being locked out of charging due to credit card related issues on Disney's side, I am going to just put down my spending money in cash upon arrival as a credit balance.

minnie04
05-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Love the idea of putting CASH on the band instead of credit :thumbsup: I put my credit card down last time and actually spent WAY too much :jaw:. I couldn’t keep track of it (my bad) it was just too easy :spend: . This way if I put $500 in cash that's all I can spend ... lol perfect idea for me. :mickey:

Lizzie
05-29-2014, 08:31 PM
How about those who use their disney chase card at the disney stores and you get a percentage off when you spend over 50. Can I use my bands to get this discount or need to use my card?

MargaretMessler
05-29-2014, 09:40 PM
How about those who use their disney chase card at the disney stores and you get a percentage off when you spend over 50. Can I use my bands to get this discount or need to use my card?

You would need to have the card to present the CM so they can apply the discount