PDA

View Full Version : Rate my park touring plans!

TikiGoddess
05-24-2014, 02:57 PM
Hi all,

It's that time of year again -- we're planning our annual summer visit to WDW! Our trip is in late July, from Sun-Weds. We are staying at BLT, and our party includes me, DH, DD11, and DD9.

Let me know what you think!

Sunday: arrive at Epcot at opening
1. Test Track
2. Sum of all Thrills
3. Mission Space
4. The Seas with Nemo
5. Turtle Talk with Crush
6. Soarin' (FP+ 10:50-11:50)
7. Lunch at Sunshine Seasons
8. Living with the Land (FP+ 11:50-12:50)
9. Figment
10a. If our hotel room is ready, Spaceship Earth (FP+ 12:50-1:50) then back to hotel.
10b. If hotel room is not ready, reschedule SSE FP+ for later or ride in evening. Visit World Showcase air conditioned attractions and shops (American Adventure, France movie, Japan department store)
11. Hotel break (but not before making FP+ for later in the day - we're hoping for another ride on TT or Soarin')
12. Back to Epcot around 6pm. (dinner at hotel)
13. FP+ ride (hopefully) TT or Soarin'
14. Mexico ride
15. Maelstrom
16. Back to hotel before fireworks

Do you think there will be TT or Soarin' availability left for the evening, if we're booking it at 2pm?

That's day one... More in next post.
Kathy

TikiGoddess
05-24-2014, 03:12 PM
Here's Monday...

Studios at opening
1. DD11 and I go to RnRC, DH and DD9 go to ToT
2. Whole family rides ToT again!
3. Legend of Jack Sparrow
4. Beauty and the Beast show
5. Star Tours
6. Muppet Vision
7. Early escape to the hotel for lunch, pool, and break
8. Walk over to MK
9. Space Mountain (FP+ 4:30-5:30)
10. Dinner, Cosmic Ray's
11. Mine Train (FP+ 5:30-6:30)
12. Philharmagic
13. Ride Train from Fantasyland to Frontierland
14. Splash Mountain (FP+ 6:30-7:30)
15. Try for FP+ on: Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and enjoy Tiki Room, Magic Carpets, Swiss Treehouse, Sorcerer's, and Citrus Swirls in the meantime
16. Parade and possibly my daughters' first viewing of the Magic Kingdom fireworks!!

Tuesday:
Rest day. Possible visit to water park, but most likely time spent in the arcade, pool, and at the other monorail resorts. Dinner with friends at the California Grill. YUM.

Wednesday: (leaving for Tampa later in day)
1. Crystal Palace breakfast (8am reservation)
2. Peter Pan
3. Pooh
4. Dumbo
5. Ariel
6. Mine Train (FP+ 9:35-10:35)
7. Small World
8. Haunted Mansion
9. Thunder Mountain (FP+ 10:35-11:35)
10. Lunch (Pecos Bills or similar)
11. Space Mountain (FP+ 11:50-12:50)
12. Aim for Buzz Lightyear FP+ or Indy Speedway, while enjoying Carousel of Progress, Monsters INC.
13. Last FP+... my wish... to see Town Square Mickey!

We'll play it by ear in the afternoon and evening. We are heading back to Tampa to visit family, so we can leave any time depending on how tired we are. :)

Let me know what you think!
Kathy

PirateLover
05-24-2014, 04:01 PM
I think your plans are pretty solid. Going in July you definitely need a good plan of attack, and your schedule mirrors what I would do. :thumbsup::mickey:

I haven't been back since they introduced the rolling 4th pass, so I can't speak to the availability of times later in the day. I guess it's just going to be one of those wait-and-see type situations. Have a few options ready if you can't get the FP+ you want.

Giggy
05-24-2014, 04:13 PM
If it is anything to judge your plans by they are making me very jealous! ;)

yankeesfan123
05-24-2014, 04:25 PM
I think they look great.

That being said, of something doesn't work out, don't be one of those people who decides your whole day is ruined... It's nice that you've allotted some time later in the day to play it by ear to make up for anything you might've had to reschedule from your plans.

SBETigg
05-24-2014, 05:07 PM
I think Soarin will be impossible to get on the day of. If you had it in advance, maybe, but for a later day pick-up, I'm doubting it for that and TT. But as long as you're riding it earlier. You have a pretty great full schedule Sunday anyway, and the other days look great, too.

TikiGoddess
05-24-2014, 06:57 PM
I think they look great.

That being said, of something doesn't work out, don't be one of those people who decides your whole day is ruined... It's nice that you've allotted some time later in the day to play it by ear to make up for anything you might've had to reschedule from your plans.

You know, I plan out our days every trip and often we veer away from those plans 60-70% of the time. And that's fine, we love to live in the moment at Disney. But I also know how my family tours the parks and what the favorites are. These plans are my best guess as to what might happen.

It seems a little harder to be spontaneous this year with the prebooked FP+. But we can always rebook times if necessary, although I'm guessing that the headliners will be hard to get in the summer evenings. As long as we have rides to ride we'll be happy.

Thanks for the input, everyone!
Kathy

SBETigg
05-24-2014, 11:19 PM
That's the beauty of being Disney devotees. We can roll with a change of plan. When rides are down or unavailable, not such a big deal. There's the ability to adapt and still have a good time. :thumbsup: