PDA

View Full Version : CBR Resort- Starting to worry

disneynarula
05-23-2014, 08:23 AM
I just read a bunch of reviews on trip advisor and saw quite a few pictures of moldy rooms at CBR. We had to switch resorts to get free dining from POR and I am really bummed about it.

Please tell me that you have stayed at CBR and liked it. We will have a car so the size of the resort is not a bid deal.

I just want the room to be clean.

Strmchsr
05-23-2014, 08:51 AM
I've stayed at CBR twice and enjoyed it both times. I had no problems with room cleanliness or anything. My only gripe with it (and this isn't Disney's fault) is that it's a beach themed resort. My house is 2 blocks from the beach so when I go on vacation I want to get away from the beach! :D

VacationDisney
05-23-2014, 09:56 AM
We have stayed at CBR a couple of times and never had issues with the rooms!

Hope you have a great vacation:mickey:

Kplaster
05-23-2014, 10:00 AM
We are staying at CBR this time as well. I have heard they are making some updates so hopefully by the time Nov. gets here some of that will be completed. The last time I stayed there was for Grad Night years ago and the rooms were decent but not the nicest of the moderates. I figure we will be spending most of our time in the pool and parks so as long as the bed is decent i'm not to worried about the room.

strmchsr- I know how you feel on the beach theme. We lived in Myrtle Beach for 13 years and for our vacations we wanted to be as far away from beach tourist areas as we could get.

Disney4us2
05-23-2014, 10:04 AM
We stayed there back in 2010. We enjoyed the resort and the theming. The room was very clean and had no problems with housekeeping. I didn't have a car so I had to rely on the busses. The only thing I didn't like was that the main check in building is so remote to the rest of the resort. That made it out of the way to pick up and return the ECV rental.

buzznwoodysmom
05-23-2014, 10:19 AM
We have stayed at all 4 moderates and CBR continues to be our favorite mod. We have never had issues with room cleanliness. I believe room referbs have just started, or will be starting shortly. Containers have showed up in the Jamaica section recently with what is assumed to be the materials for the refurb.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-23-2014, 10:35 AM
Unless the majority of the reviews are overwhelmingly bad, I wouldn't worry about it. I've noticed on some of the travel rating sites that you will have ten five star reviews and then a one star review. Its usually because that particular person had an issue with their room or an employee and a lot of the times, it seems to me the complaints are exagerated. However, there's always going to be exceptions, the resort may hire a new mousekeeper who doesn't do a good job and things break, it happens.

Still I understand your worries I do the same thing, worry, worry, worry but so far I've not been disappointed with any Disney resort

4disneynuts
05-23-2014, 11:52 AM
CBR is our familys favorite resort. We have stayed there many times and love it. We have never had a problem with cleanliness. The rooms are a bit dated but you don't spend a lot of time in your room anyway. You really feel like you are in the caribbean. I especially love the flowers and the colors. Have a great trip!

STIXmamma
05-23-2014, 11:59 AM
We stayed there last year for the 4th. We really enjoyed the resort as a whole, the theme, the pools. I had no issues with the rooms being clean or anything, but I have to say that for the amount of money that a Disney vacation cost I think it's time for some upgrades to their current resorts. It seems that they are always building more, but the rooms could have used a good makeover. Fresh paint, new carpet (or even steam cleaned) and new comforters would go along way. I wouldn't worry about staying there thou - I think you'll enjoy it!

droopy d.
05-23-2014, 01:25 PM
We were just there in December and had no issues. Plus if for some reason you do run into problems just call the front desk they have always done a great job fixing everything if you do have a problem.

buzznwoodysmom
05-23-2014, 01:35 PM
We stayed there last year for the 4th. We really enjoyed the resort as a whole, the theme, the pools. I had no issues with the rooms being clean or anything, but I have to say that for the amount of money that a Disney vacation cost I think it's time for some upgrades to their current resorts. It seems that they are always building more, but the rooms could have used a good makeover. Fresh paint, new carpet (or even steam cleaned) and new comforters would go along way. I wouldn't worry about staying there thou - I think you'll enjoy it!

All of the WDW resorts get room refurbs about every 5 years or so. CBR is actually going through their room refurb right now, so your visit last year was when it was "next in line" so to speak. Word has it containers were spotted in the Jamaica section, and a few guests have reported on another site that there are indeed working on those rooms as of now.

STIXmamma
05-23-2014, 02:14 PM
All of the WDW resorts get room refurbs about every 5 years or so. CBR is actually going through their room refurb right now, so your visit last year was when it was "next in line" so to speak. Word has it containers were spotted in the Jamaica section, and a few guests have reported on another site that there are indeed working on those rooms as of now.

That's great to hear since we are going back next year during the same time. CBR and ASS are the only choices we get with the baseball tournaments so we'll be staying there again!

MargaretMessler
05-23-2014, 05:29 PM
I have stayed at CBR multiple times - as far back as the early 90s and as recently as 2005 - and I have never had any issues in regards to cleanliness. I loved the theming, just didn't care for the size in terms of the transportation setup so we used the rental car most days.

Watch out for those pesky little lizards that frequent bodies of water, we did see loads more of those at CBR than anyplace else. One night one snuck in our room door and :eek: we must've been a sight trying to catch and release it!

etibbetts
05-27-2014, 09:30 AM
I stayed at CBR this past September with no issues. Our room was clean, they were constantly spraying down walkways and cleaning those too.

If you did happen to run into an issue with your room, defineitely let the manager know. I'm sure they would take care of it.

We stayed in Jamaica.

SurferStitch
05-27-2014, 11:41 AM
We've stayed at CBR several times and loved it every time. Always had beautiful, clean rooms.

Now, stayed at POR mansions twice, and had musty, dirty rooms twice. Go figure!

TennesseeTink
05-27-2014, 09:40 PM
After years of staying off-property and at the All Star resorts, CBR was the first moderate we ever stayed at, and we all loved it! Fast forward a few years after we became DVC members...we stayed at CBR out-of-pocket. I was a little hesitant after being spoiled by the much newer Kidani and BLT, but once again we absolutely loved CBR! It has yet to disappoint us.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!!:thumbsup:

Lizzie
05-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Stayed there with my parents and sister fall of 2012 and I loved it. I can't wait to go back and bring my kids there. Enjoyed the walk to the food court every morning loved the pool and the atmosphere. Only complaint is you need to take an internal bus to get to guest services.

Tigerinvestigator
06-04-2014, 04:23 PM
We stayed there less than a year ago and the rooms were perfect. I actually prefer CBR over POR anyday. It is a much better themed resort, the food court is better, and the pool is nicer. If you get a room that isn't acceptable, I am sure Disney will take care of it. I wouldn't be worrying about it at all.:thumbsup: