PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk

Mickey2
05-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Been reading these boards for a long time and got some wonderful advise.

We are staying at Boardwalk Nov 11-20. First time in a deluxe and first time at Christmas.

Will this be a busy time of year? Will all the Christmas decorations be up? Osborne Lights?

Is there a room I should request...we booked standard with dining plan.

We are so excited...usually stay at French Quarter in Sept.

Have no idea what to expect at this time of year! Thanks for your help:cloud9:

faline
05-21-2014, 10:32 AM
There doesn't seem to be a non-busy time of year anymore!! However, given you will be there the week before Thanksgiving, crowds should be manageable.

We had a very enjoyable stay at Boardwalk last summer. It's very nice to be able to walk right into Epcot. Even Disney Studios is not that far of a walk. Plus, with all the other resorts located in that area as well as all the restaurants on Boardwalk, you'll have plenty of dining choices available to you.

The holiday decorations seem to go up earlier every year so most should be up during your stay. There were some questions as to whether or not the Osborne Lights would be discontinued - haven't heard the final outcome on that.

moe513
05-21-2014, 11:11 AM
Love love the Bwi.
Have stayed there 5 times with the most recent visit in a deluxe room. I loved the boardwalk view. I could sit there al day a watch and listen to the Friendship boats.
We also love the boardwalk bakery.

I think our favorite thing is being able to walk to world showcase.

biggins
05-21-2014, 01:45 PM
It's beautiful at that time of year, themed trees everywhere. I was there during december on my honeymoon and I have two peices of advice. Anticipate that it could be quite cold sometimes, we ended up buying heavier fleece jackets in Norway! Also, we tried to go to the osborne lights at what would be considered a normal time to leave. We were at the yacht club, and basically the line went all the way down the pier to get the launch to go to DS.. After 3 boats loaded up and left and we still were no where near the boat, we gave up and went for drinks. So try to leave earlier in the day , spend a bit of time in DS and wait there for the lights to start. Have a great trip!

Tinky-Bell
05-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Nov 11-20 shouldn't be terribly busy, but it's also right to say it's always going to be busy no matter what. All Christmas decorations should be up, and the Osborne Lights should be up and running as well. Don't miss the story tellers in Epcot!

I've walked to DHS from the Boardwalk area a few times. It's not a terribly long walk, and sometimes you'll even beat the boat.

Have fun!

Nora