PDA

View Full Version : Flowers and Gardens - Part 7

faline
05-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Friday, May 9, 2014
Plan for the Day
If needed, we will start our day at Animal Kingdom with fastpasses for Expedition:Everest; Kilimanjaro Safari and Dinosaur
Blizzard Beach
Victoria and Albert's for dinner

How the Day Actually Went
We had already completed everything we wanted to do at Animal Kingdom so did not plan to return there this morning.

Gene did not want to go to the water park so we opted to spend time at the pool at our resort.

No wake up calls this morning. We had purchased some bacon at the store the night before and already had eggs in the refrigerator so we make bacon and eggs along with coffee for ourselves.

We head out to the pool which we have to ourselves for quite some time. While there, I realize I neglected to cancel the Animal Kingdom fastpasses which I intended to do before we left the room. I'm finding this new system a little more difficult to navigate and keep track of!!

For lunch, we grab sandwiches from Roarin Forks and bring them out by the pool bar to eat. Such a lovely area and, with a mild breeze blowing, it is very pleasant to sit there. We watch the geyser erupt while we have our lunch.

After showering and changing, we realize we do not really have enough time to go to Downtown Disney so decide to do some resort shopping. We take the boat to the Contemporary where we browse the shops. From there, we monorail to each of the monorail resorts, stopping and checking out the shops in each. Back at the Contemporary, we take the boat back to Wilderness Lodge where we now get ready for our evening out.

Boat back to the Contemporary via Fort Wilderness and then monorail back to the Gand Floridian. We have enough time for a stop at Mizner's where we are treated to the sounds of the Grand Floridian Orchestra. We walk over to Victoria and Albert's and are immediately seated. It appears we are the last of the first seating of the evening.

Our servers are Sherry and Jack - a married couple who work here together. They are wonderful!! This is our third experience at Victoria and Albert's. This is the first time, though, that I have absolutely loved every morsel that entered my mouth!!! So yummy!! We opt for the wine pairing which begins with a bubbly. There is then a morsel that is described as a gift from the chef. This included a taste of salmon. So scrumptious!! The servers explain all of the items on the menu - there are sometimes 3 or 4 choices in a course - some included in the fixed price - others items having an additional cost such as thee Kobe Beef course which could be had for an additional $150 per person!! We avoided the extra cost items and kept our selections to items included. This is the evening, I selected items I had never before tasted and it worked out really well! Although I was tempted to select the octopus for my first course, I went with the pheasant instead. Gene had the octopus. After that, I had Alaskan Sablefish with Corn Ragout while Gene had the Masago Crusted Maine Scallop with Coconut Curry Broth. Next up for me was Palmetto Farms Quail with Asian Pears, Serrano Ham Jus and Gene had the Berkshire Pork with Mustard Spaetzle. My entree was Roasted Duck with Fennel and Leeks, "A l'Orange" while Gene had the Marcho Farms Veal with Peas and Carrots. With the meal winding down, I had the Roasted White Chocolate Gelato with Candied Kumquats while Gene had the Sottocenere Al Tartufo, Point Reyes Bay Blue (a selection of cheeses). At about this time,d we were the only diners left in the room. Finally, we ended the evening with Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee for me and the Caramelized Banana Gateau for Gene. This was served with coffee brewed fresh at the table in a Cona pot. Those coffee pots are so cool!! Our server nicely provided information on where they could be purchased. While we ate our dessert, diners for the second seating of the evening began to arrive and be led to tables. All this and our Tables in Wonderland card applied (though, sadly, Tables in Wonderland will no longer be accepted by this fall). We had also spoken of how much we liked the little crumb scoops. Before we left, Sherry presented us with a crumb scoop of our very own!! Every lady leaves Victoria and Albert's with a fresh, long-stemmed rose and I was no exception on this evening.

After multiple moments of delectable taste sensations, we left with very full tummies and memories of an exquisite meal!

Before heading home, we stopped into Mizner's for an after-dinner drink. Our server told she was very excited as she would be dining at Victoria and Albert's within a few days.

We quickly monorailed around to the Contemporary and caught a boat back home where it was time for a tubby and bed for me.

VWL Mom
05-19-2014, 08:08 PM
I love the seating behind the pool bar. I've sat there many mornings with my coffee to watch the sunrise.

Your dinner at V&A sounds wonderful. Still on my to do list.

yjgirl32
05-20-2014, 08:11 AM
Nice report- thank you.

princessgirls
05-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Linda,

What an incredible evening you and Gene had.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:Cheers to you!!!

Sounds amazing!
Thanks for sharing!
Julie:mickey:

PirateLover
05-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Victoria & Albert's sounds divine. DH and I really have to try it out some time for a romantic evening. :thumbsup:

hauntedmansiongirl
05-27-2014, 02:42 PM
V&A sounds amazing!! One day!!!! :mickey:

vizsla
06-02-2014, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the report.

emerzmom
06-02-2014, 11:02 AM
What a wonderful meal! I have never been to Victoria and Alberts. Your description now really makes me think I need to.
:tink:
Julie

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-10-2014, 10:47 AM
One trip I am going to splurge for V&A, you make the food sound so good

Tigerinvestigator
06-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Wow. Victoria and Albert's is still on or bucket list. One day when the kids are grown and gone it will happen!:thumbsup: Congrats on another great day with wonderful memories.

MrPeetrie
07-06-2014, 10:02 AM
Sounds like one amazing day from start to finish.