PDA

View Full Version : POR Royal Guest rooms

steph436
05-19-2014, 05:07 PM
So, we may have to change our travel dates to July. That being said, the family has FINALLY decided to try the Royal Guest rooms at the POR. My questions concerns the views...

Should we pick a pool, garden or river view? Is it worth the money for a different view? Are the rooms with a pool view loud? :confused:

So many decisions!! :drama:

Please help before I go crazy planning this trip!

dobby2010
05-19-2014, 06:23 PM
We stayed in the royal rooms in November and loved them. So cute. We were in regular view. I just can't see paying more for a view I will never see since we are at the parks all day or exploring the pools and such. We had no issues with noise. It was very quiet and the walk to the bus stops/ dining hall wasn't bad. You'll enjoy them no matter what view so I would save your money or put it towards souvenirs!

mickeyman42
05-20-2014, 05:36 AM
we stayed in a royal room last year, and maybe its just me, but I cant see why anyone would need a "view" when you don't have a balcony to sit out on. I don't get the desire to be able to look out of the window and see water, either the river, or pool (not even sure how you would see the pool as the pool is in the middle, surrounded by trees but perhaps you could technically see the pool). now if you had a balcony, different story, now I have some place to sit with my coffee and relax, but no balcony, why need a view?

cuteduck223
05-21-2014, 01:45 PM
we were in a Royal Room regular view in the furthest building in the furthest corner--the walk wasn't bad at all (we used the main bus stop, we found it just as close as any other-and the walk was much prettier). If you plan to spend time in the room, or use the pool much, an upgrade to a pool or garden view might be nice, but we found we really didn't need it.

It was too cold for us to swim the few days we were there, and probably would have used the main pool anyway. Just my thoughts. The room is so cute and fun--our daughter loved it, and we would for sure stay there again!

AgentC
05-21-2014, 02:29 PM
I usually book the garden view. I don't think they other views are worth the extra money.

But if you want one the pool view would be the quiet pool so it would not be too loud.

The river view is very pretty but as others have mentioned, you don't have a balcony to really enjoy it.

Tinkerbella16
05-23-2014, 10:44 AM
We stayed in a Royal Room, garden view last November and we absolutely loved it! The Royal Room has become my favorite that I have stayed in on property! They are awesome. We were in Building 90, right next to the bridge that goes to the main building so we were very close compared to the other buildings around Riverside.

The garden view WAS in fact worth it to us and it wasn't even that much more to stay in that view. Our room was facing the courtyard by the big fountain where they played movies each night. We actually spent lots of time outside there and my niece loved the fountain the whole week! We were also facing the river, so we actually had both garden and river view. I love POR and what a job well done with those royal rooms- they are beautiful! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-23-2014, 11:47 AM
If you're a pool family, then I would go for the pool view. For us, it is so nice to be close, and with the Royal Rooms, having a pool view puts you right at the end of the bridge across to the Main Building, Bus Stop and Food Court.

The pool is a quiet pool, and most times we were the only people in it. It isn't a fancy one at all (just a plain old rectangular pool), so I think a lot of people prefer the themed main pool.

However, a pool view isn't a must. We had a garden view last time (pool view was sold out) and it was just fine too!