PDA

View Full Version : Night time show at AK park

Mitzie
05-19-2014, 08:57 AM
I know they are adding a night time show to the AK park. AK is DH favorite park and we would like to catch that on our next trip in Oct. if it is up and running. Anyone know what the time line is on that? When I went to check park events for AK on 10/25 it said they couldn't post any information on those right now. Park closes that day at 5...

steamboat willy
05-22-2014, 10:35 AM
Haramba Nights at AK only runs till August right now. If you go to the News Tab here on Intercot and scroll down you will find more about it. Enjoy!

DizneyFreak2002
05-22-2014, 10:42 AM
The new night time show for AK won't debut any time soon... Harambe Nights is not the new night time show for DAK... That is a money grab, I mean separate charge (expensive!!!) event...

WDWdriver
05-23-2014, 07:58 AM
A nighttime show is part of the planning for the park when the new Pandora section opens. It will be mostly on the water near Expedition Everest, and will feature live performers, live music, floating lanterns, water screens and animal imagery. Don't expect fireworks, since it would be disturbing to the many animals in the park.

Construction of the Pandora section is under way, but it will not open until 2016 at the earliest.

JMTStone
05-23-2014, 10:05 AM
I was one of those people who snatched up the tickets for Harambe Nights. July 5th. I even paid for premium seating (this is where you all scoff at me).

Anyway, Lion King is a family favorite (see Avatar). We have the tattoos. Our house is decorated with Lion King Broadway art. We've even traveled to Cleveland to see the show. I've seen it in London. Its the cost of us seeing the show locally. I realize its not the same show as on Broadway, but its not the same show everyone will see every day either.

Plus there's all inclusive food/beverages and other entertainment including character meets. AND special Lion King merchandise I can and probably will take advantage of.

Needless to say, its a special occasion for us and I'll report back my findings on Harambe Nights. But also anticipating when Pandora opens as its one of DH's favorite movies.

DKA041177
05-24-2014, 09:36 AM
I am really looking forward to the opportunity to experience the park at night.