05-18-2014, 07:40 PM
Thursday, May 8, 2014

Plan for the Day
Magic Kingdom for Early morning Extra Magic Hour
Epcot in the afternoon
Fastpass+ for Turtle Talk, Test Track, and Mission Space
Maybe dine at Kona Cafe??

How the day actually went
The night before, I set the phone alarm and requested a wake up call. The trouble is, I set the phone alarm for 1/2 hour before the wake up call so, of course, that woke me up. We were at the bus stop by 7:30 and, of course, saw all the other busses except the one for Magic Kingdom. Still, we arrived at the Magic Kingdom by about 8:15.

After we entered the park, we realized that no-one was checking to see if we were resort guests and it was clear that no-one was being held at the turnstyles. Everyone was being allowed entry into the park!! So much for the advantage of getting up early for extra magic hour!!

We took two rides on Buzz Lightyear. The reason we took two rides is that Gene's gun was not working well on the first ride. On the second ride, mine was not working well and Gene's was only marginally better. We gave up and moved on. We checked out the standby time for Peter Pan - far too long a line (and the park is not yet officially open)!! We are able to walk on to the Little Mermaid ride. By now, the park would be officially open even though far more people are already in the parks than would be from resort guests alone. Still, we are able to walk on to the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. There was only a short wait for the Carousel and the Speedway. We walked onto the People Mover and had only a short wait for Monsters Inc. So, in the end, I was able to ride everything on my must-do list despite the crowded conditions in the park.

We wandered through some of the park and decided to lunch at the Polynesian. I had been reluctant to go to the Poly as I wasn't sure what we would find inside with all the construction going on there. In the end, I'm glad we went.

We took the boat launch from the Magic Kingdom to the Poly and checked in at Kona Cafe about 15 minutes before they started seating for lunch. We were provided with a beeper so wandered around a bit - taking pictures of the plants and waterfalls that are slated for demolition.

When we are seated, it is at a table that is all sticky. We request an alternate table and are moved to one a couple of tables over. Strangely, they wait until after the next party is seated at our original table before wiping the table down for them!! I had the Hawaiaan Plate lunch with chicken. I don't recall what Gene had but think he may have had a burger. While lunching, we began to talk about what we would do for dinner. I pulled up Disney reservations on the app and noticed there was a 7 p.m. opening for Le Cellier so we booked it.

After lunch, we went to the first floor for more picture taking then made our way back to our room.

Although we had Epcot fastpasses for 3, 4 and 5, we arrived at Epcot around 4. We had already seen Crush on standby status and didn't feel the need to rush back for a second showing. The fastpass for Test Track was definitely needed though it wouldn't have broken either of our hearts to have missed a ride on Test Track. Still not in love with the new version of this ride. We have a 5 pm fastpass to Mission:Space but the stand by line is only 10 minutes so we go on. In fact, Gene and I are the only two assigned to our capsule for the ride - the other two stations remaining vacant.

We start to check out the Flower and Garden displays we have not yet seen. Along the way, we stop in Mexico and do the ride there - no wait. In Norway, we stop again. Here, we have about a 20 minute standby wait.

When we get to Germany, we stop and buy beers. We now sip while we walk as we are also getting closer to our Le Cellier reservation. We check in right at 7 and are seated within minutes. No appetizers or desserts this evening. I have the filet mignon; Gene the strip steak. Both are excellent.

Following dinner, we see two duck families and a bunny in the gardens at the Canadian pavilion. This is the second bunny we have seen at Epcot this afternoon - the first was busily eating the flowers in the hummingbird garden display!!

We make our way to the our bus stop and bus home where I have a tubby and we go to bed.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-18-2014, 09:23 PM
I love your trip reports. :)

Glad you were able to enjoy MK with fairly short waits, despite everyone being in the park early!

joannep2bc
05-19-2014, 12:25 AM
I love your trip reports too!:mickey:

princessgirls
05-19-2014, 01:37 PM
Great day in spite of the crowds!!!

Thanks for the report.

Julie:mickey:

yjgirl32
05-19-2014, 03:09 PM
I am enjoying your trip reports. Getting me very excited for our trip.b Thank you

Mickey'sGirl
05-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Glad the early entry stuff didn't impede your MK morning!! Sounds like a great day.

Evil bunnies eat my garden here in Canada, so I am not surprised to hear they are eating the gardens at Epcot!

hauntedmansiongirl
05-27-2014, 02:36 PM
It sounds like a much better day today!!! Although strange that they were letting in everyone for EMH at MK!!!

vizsla
05-31-2014, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the report.

emerzmom
06-02-2014, 10:57 AM
I have had the experience of sticky tables at the same place. ???? Le Cellier filet...wonderful!!!
Another great day on vacation in WDW.
:tink:
Julie

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-10-2014, 10:43 AM
I'll have to look for the bunnies near Canada next time...
Last time we were at Epcot we sat near the German pavilion over where the train is.... we saw rabbits, squirrels and birds all in that area and there was a local couple who said they come all the time eat dinner somewhere and just sit and watch the animals Love it

Tigerinvestigator
06-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Great day at WDW. Love Kona and LeCellier....sounds like Gene didn't get on your nerves as bad today.:thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
07-06-2014, 06:25 AM
Truly loving your reports. Great insightful detail. I also love your pacing. You accomplish plenty each day without feeling "rushed." We'll planned.

faline
07-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Truly loving your reports. Great insightful detail. I also love your pacing. You accomplish plenty each day without feeling "rushed." We'll planned.

Thank you.