PDA

View Full Version : Drives me crazy help

dolphinsfan203
05-18-2014, 09:56 AM
We are planning a trip for nov 9-16th which free dining is available. Our party has 5 adults and 1 8yo.

When going to book rooms at a value "pop" nothing is available under the free dining offer.I understand that the promo rooms fill up since they only block certain rooms.

So what drives me crazy is you can book pop rooms Nov 8th-16th at pop and everything is available except free dining is not an option.

So why would Disney just not allow you to book it and upgrade dining since it has rooms to
Be filled anyway.

Can anyone help me out here or suggest what to do??

We booked a cabin at fort wilderness but thats not they way we would like to go.

Just a side note as well when trying to book ohanas before 9 and be our guest is impossible.

Sorry for a long post but im sure some of
The Disney lovers will be able to help a brother out.

Thanks in advance!

VWL Mom
05-18-2014, 10:41 AM
Nov 9th - 16th is available to book, just not with free dining. As you mentioned, promos are limited.

Keep in mind that there's always a chance that room discounts will come out during that time also.

TheVBs
05-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Have you tried calling? Is there another value resort you'd be willing to try if it has the free dining available? So sorry about your frustration. It seems as if they would have some more available at POP.

Keep checking for Ohana and BOG reservations. We got a prime BOG dinner reservation less than two weeks before our trip. Hope you get everything worked out!

dolphinsfan203
05-18-2014, 11:10 AM
I have called disney itself to book and they had everything booked at all values for those dates.

Cabins at fort wilderness is the only once which is available for a family of 6. Which is why we stay at value for 2 seperate rooms the price does not get out of hand.

I believe ill be stuck hoping for a room
Doscount for my select dates and we can switch from cabins to aoa or pop.

Any other ideas?

buzznwoodysmom
05-18-2014, 11:23 AM
At least at the cabins you get the regular dining plan. If you stayed at a value you would have only gotten the quick service dining free.

In the past we have priced a value resort with free quick service dining and the additional cost to upgrade to the basic dining plan. We actually came out better upgrading to a moderate resort and getting basic dining free.

If y'all plan to eat at TS locations you are probably better off in the cabins.

dolphinsfan203
05-18-2014, 12:16 PM
That works, however the only hotel which is a available for a party of 6 at moderate level is the cabins.

Aoa is booked for family suites. There are hotels which can hold 6 ppl but are not offered in on the plan.

Just bothersome knowing the hotel has vacancy just the discount is all booked up.

buzznwoodysmom
05-18-2014, 12:31 PM
Just bothersome knowing the hotel has vacancy just the discount is all booked up.

I understand your frustration, but that's the way discounts usually work.

We use the military discount often and I have been lucky enough to always be able to get our resort of choice. However, I almost always have to select a higher priced room category/view because standard rooms are usually already booked in full with the discount. It's just the way it is.

yankeesfan123
05-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Yea, as others have pointed out, you have basically answered your own question.

The FW cabins are lovely and just a short boat ride away from MK and a short ride from four awesome Deluxe resorts.

But if you have your heart set on pop, keep those eyes open for a possible room only discount.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-18-2014, 03:18 PM
Discounts sure do fill up quickly, don't they?

A couple of years ago, all we could book was a river view room, when I really wanted a standard room (MUCH cheaper). It look a lot of looking (and some great help from Magical Journeys) to snag a garden room, which was at least a bit cheaper.