PDA

View Full Version : Ressie with free dining but want an extra room

4disneynuts
05-15-2014, 11:37 AM
I was wondering if anybody knows how this would work. We have a reservation at CBR in November for 4 people in a preferred room. We got in on the free dining (YAY!) and all of the rooms for this offer are booked up. We have now decided we should have gotten 2 rooms as it will be crowded with 4 adults and an infant.

My question is are we able to keep the ressie we have for the four adults in the one room with the free dining and also book a room only reservation that 2 of us would stay in. Not sure how that would work with the magic bands. Would we have to have 2 magic bands, 1 for each room? Has anyone ever done this before. Thanks!

LandFan
05-15-2014, 11:50 AM
If you can I would just book it room only and keep everyone and themagic bands/tickets on the other room reservation.

LandFan
05-15-2014, 11:52 AM
I guess you would still need a magic band for that ruin so you can unlock your door as needed but it should still work pretty well doing it this way.

4disneynuts
05-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Thats what i was thinking. Now hopefully they will come out with a room only discount during that time. I don't think it will matter if there are two rooms in my name right? :mickey:

LandFan
05-15-2014, 12:05 PM
I don't think so. I can't imagine why there would be an issue.

Kplaster
05-15-2014, 01:52 PM
You can definately do this we do it every time we go. You keep all of the KTW information on the 1 room and then get a room only (hopefully a room deal will come out) for the extra room. We only have 4 in our party but we stay 2 in 2 adults and kids and try to get adjoining rooms.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-16-2014, 12:03 PM
This is the second thread today that poses the question of multiple rooms on one band, and it's a good question I would love to know for sure...

Can a single magic band, linked to a single MDE account that has two CURRENT resort reservations linked to it, do two things:
1) Unlock the doors on either room?
2) Charge back to a "room charges" account shared between two resort reservations but one MDE account?

I think number 1 is probably possible, but number 2 seems far more trickier....

VWL Mom
05-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Under normal circumstances I wouldn't see a problem but because one room has free dining and one doesn't I'm not so sure. Wouldn't someone have to be a guest in room #2?

4disneynuts
06-08-2014, 02:01 PM
***UPDATE** I just spoke with Disney reservations as I was going to keep us all on the existing reservation (so we could all keep our free dining) and book just a room only for my DH and I. I was told I COULD NOT do this. You can only have your name attached to one room is what she told me. So if we were to get a room only we would have to take our names off the existing reservation and attach them to the new reservation, which of course means we would lose our free dining.

I guess they didn't want my extra $1,200 that I was going to pay for the extra room. HMMM seems funny to me that they would turn down someones money.

oh well, guess it is going to save me some money. We will all be staying in the same room and will just make it work.

cer
06-08-2014, 07:22 PM
***UPDATE** I just spoke with Disney reservations as I was going to keep us all on the existing reservation (so we could all keep our free dining) and book just a room only for my DH and I. I was told I COULD NOT do this. You can only have your name attached to one room is what she told me. So if we were to get a room only we would have to take our names off the existing reservation and attach them to the new reservation, which of course means we would lose our free dining.

I guess they didn't want my extra $1,200 that I was going to pay for the extra room. HMMM seems funny to me that they would turn down someones money.

oh well, guess it is going to save me some money. We will all be staying in the same room and will just make it work.

That is not right. :confused:

joonyer
06-08-2014, 11:18 PM
For something like this, I would recommend contacting Magical Journeys. If they can't get it done for you, I don't think anybody can.