PDA

View Full Version : Our Disney "Extravaganza"

mamatedd
05-14-2014, 06:28 PM
I'll try to just hit the highlights here, or this report will be pages long! We flew out of Laguardia and got a rental car in Orlando, via Hertz. Arrived at CSR @ 10AM- room ready! Was instanstly impressed with CSR! The grounds are gorgeous, and our suite was beautiful! We had a lovely room (pullout sofa) with separate bedroom for DH & me. 2 full bathrooms- AWESOME! Downside, we were in Casitas #3, furthest possible from main pool (I think). Fine for us, but if you have mobility problems, I think it would be a nightmare.

After seeing the CSR main pool, our littlest (9), didn't even want to hit the parks! I'm not kidding! She cried when it was time to go over to MK!

We made our BOG fastpass ressies @ 12:40 without a hitch! Lunch was yummy and dining rooms were beautiful! MK was PACKED, however, so we returned to CSR for a swim and went back that night. Much better after the crowds had died down a bit.

Next morning was up and at 'em early for Tusker House breakfast! It was yummy and DD9 was thrilled with all of the character attention, as was her camera yielding mama! It was awesome!

We spent the next three HOT days park hopping and having a blast! Kids were so happy with CSR that park breaks weren't ever disputed!

On our fourth night, we moved to Jambo Villas because our oldest daughter was flying in to join us. I think we found our Disney "home"- OMG! It is beautiful (we have already rebooked)!

Oh, I missed the VIP Tour... It was nice, but I wouldn't do it again. There is not much VIP about it... It is literally a fastpass all day, which is awesome, but you miss the great queues! You definitely miss a little magic!

Then we met up with my in-laws and took a Disney Cruise! It was AWESOME!!!!!

On return, we stayed offsite & visited MK & EPCOT. A great day! Already "homesick".....:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
05-14-2014, 07:45 PM
It sounds like a fantastic holiday! Thanks for posting!

faline
05-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Wow! What a great vacation!! Coronado Sprinngs Resort is a lovely resort!!

hauntedmansiongirl
05-17-2014, 12:39 AM
Wow! Lucky family! CSR, AKL, a cruise....awesome trip!!!:mickey:

mamatedd
05-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Thank you for reading my trip report! I feel like I left a lot out... Like our experience with the magic bands. DH LOVED them! He loved it so much, he wants our local grocery to accept it! I liked the bands, but did not LOVE fastpass+. We are serious parkhoppers, and having to schedule the first three was kind of a bummer. Especially in EPCOT- the park is so big and of course we were in World Showcase when our "window" opened up for Soarin', etc. in 90+ heat. I feel like we did less (conquering rides) than we usually do, but overall, it was AWESOME!!!! and we are returning, sans kids, for the second year in a row for our anniversary- 59 days from now!!!! :mickey:

princessgirls
06-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Awesome trip!!!
Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip

mamatedd
06-08-2014, 05:46 AM
Thank you! It was! So good, in fact, that we rebooked for a quickie trip within 48 hours of being home! Lol! 42 days to go!:blush:

Melanie
06-08-2014, 07:23 AM
Awesome trip! Two of my favorite resorts - CSR and AKL. Thanks for sharing!

mamatedd
06-09-2014, 05:11 AM
Thank you for taking the time to read it! :mickey:

yjgirl32
06-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Thank you for sharing. Great report.