PDA

View Full Version : BOG lunch fastpass, Direct to Table or Expediated arrival?

mouseketeer mom
05-14-2014, 06:55 AM
I was able to make my fastpass for BOG lunch this a.m. It gave me the choice, Direct to Table or Expediated arrival. I don't know the difference, I chose Direct to Table, but whats the difference between the two?

cajundisneyfreak
05-14-2014, 09:10 AM
I also got a lunch fastpass for BOG. It asked me if I wanted to preorder my meal or wait to order upon arrival. Since I didn't know what everybody would want to eat I chose to wait to order once we got there.So maybe that is the difference. :mickey:

VWL Mom
05-14-2014, 09:18 AM
I also got a lunch fastpass for BOG. It asked me if I wanted to preorder my meal or wait to order upon arrival. Since I didn't know what everybody would want to eat I chose to wait to order once we got there.So maybe that is the difference. :mickey:

That's it exactly. Expedited arrival bypasses the line, direct to table you preorder.

mouseketeer mom
05-14-2014, 12:07 PM
I chose direct to table. Does that literally mean we bypass line and sit and our food comes? Wowsa.

Goofy4TheWorld
05-14-2014, 02:35 PM
I chose direct to table. Does that literally mean we bypass line and sit and our food comes? Wowsa.

Well, there is really no such thing as completly bypassing a line at Disney!

You will wait in a small line at the FP+ entrance, then you will wait in another small line where they take you through the cashier register line where you get a chance to change your preorder (and I assume to pay for it, I can't remember for sure). I think the cash register people give you your "rose" and you then enter the restaurant and find a seat. Then they bring you your food by tracking your RFID enabled "rose".

buzznwoodysmom
05-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Well, there is really no such thing as completly bypassing a line at Disney!

You will wait in a small line at the FP+ entrance, then you will wait in another small line where they take you through the cashier register line where you get a chance to change your preorder (and I assume to pay for it, I can't remember for sure). I think the cash register people give you your "rose" and you then enter the restaurant and find a seat. Then they bring you your food by tracking your RFID enabled "rose".

In November it seemed those with Magic Bands were not given a "rose" for tracking. I guess they found us using our bands. We had booked the FP for lunch, but we had not pre ordered our food. We had a party of 25, 5 separate FP's for BOG and none of us got "roses".

PirateLover
05-16-2014, 03:40 PM
You will wait in a line, but not a very long one comparatively. And yes, if you have magic bands, they link to the band. Once we were seated we waited maybe 5 minutes for our food. From the time we got in line to the time we were served, it was no more than 20 minutes.

mouseketeer mom
05-16-2014, 08:51 PM
This fastpass doesn't seem that exciting to me anymore., I'm thinking I'm going to skip it, and keep our ressie for dinner there instead. Lunch seems to be more relaxed without having to worry about times and fastpasses and roses and such. Here's to not looking at my watch at lunchtime!!

Katzateer
05-17-2014, 07:23 AM
I would keep the fast pass. It is like having an advanced seating and you don't have to stand out in the hot sun waiting to get in. Took less than 10 minutes to get to my seat around noon. I checked in at FP+ booth, waited for about 3 minutes in FP line, was sent into castle and waited about 5 minutes in line. At register was asked if Pre-order was correct and then told I coud pick a table in any room and my food arrived in a few minutes.

I was wondering how they tracked my seating without the rose. Thse bands are getting a little scary. Guess Disney can tell where you are at all times.

PirateLover
05-19-2014, 09:06 AM
This fastpass doesn't seem that exciting to me anymore., I'm thinking I'm going to skip it, and keep our ressie for dinner there instead. Lunch seems to be more relaxed without having to worry about times and fastpasses and roses and such. Here's to not looking at my watch at lunchtime!!
It's up to you of course, but I don't see it as any different than an ADR, really. You aren't getting strict table service but it's pretty close. And you usually have to wait 15 minutes before you are seated with an ADR. If you hit a quick service at the height of lunch, you never know how long the wait can be. And as Kazateer said, at lunch you get your pick of where you want to sit. I found our lunch BOG experience very pleasant.