PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands-purchase at park or in advance?

Jack Skellington
05-14-2014, 01:38 AM
We are going in less than 27 days! Question for the board. Can we purchase magic bands at the park or should we purchase online? If we purchase online how long does it take for delivery?

Thanks!

JS:mickey:

yankeesfan123
05-14-2014, 06:04 AM
last I knew, if you are staying off site (which I assume you are), you can't purchase online.

faline
05-14-2014, 07:39 AM
If you're staying in a Disney resort, you should go on-line and be sure your reservations and tickets are linked to your My Disney Experience account. You will be invited to customize your band and it will be mailed to you prior to your arrival. If there is not enough time, your bands will be presented to you upon checkin.

If you are staying off-site, you can purchase Magic Bands at multiple locations within the parks at a cost of $12.95 per band.

ruffles
05-14-2014, 02:17 PM
If you order online you can choose color. If you get them at gate you get grey.

Jack Skellington
05-15-2014, 10:49 PM
So, are they worth it? And... Will my 5yo :mickey: be able to easily remove (and therefore lose) it?

faline
05-16-2014, 07:46 AM
So, are they worth it? And... Will my 5yo :mickey: be able to easily remove (and therefore lose) it?

If they weren't provided to me as part of our stay at Disney, I'm not so sure I would shell out $12.95 per band - that's a lot of money for the convenience of having it available as you approach rides and the entry gate. The cards work equally as well and we saw lots of folks with cards. The only caveat I would have about the cards is, if you're using the cards make sure you have them out AND ready BEFORE you get in line rather than standing at swipe point digging around in pockets etc to find them. Also, keep in mind there are often TWO places in the line where you need to swipe your card for the fastpass entry.

As far as your five year old goes, the bands are pretty secure. Yes, your five year old could remove it and possibly lose it. For our trip in December, we traveled with a six year old in our party. He had no problem wearing the band and keeping it on.

Mickey'sGirl
05-16-2014, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't pay extra for them. I think they are a cool idea for tying all your stuff together if staying onsite (hotel, charging, dining, tickets and fastpasses). If you are visiting from offsite, it would just be for your tickets and fastpasses, and honestly, a regular ticket would be just as easy in my opinion

Imalismom
05-16-2014, 09:42 PM
We just got ours in the mail, however, I am not sure I am going to use them. We are staying at the Shades of Green, and I'm still trying to decide.