PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopper vs Not

VacationDisney
05-13-2014, 10:46 PM
What would be the cost of a 7 day park hopper pass compared to the basic (one park per day) for 2 adults for 7 days?

I was wondering if it's cheaper to go with the park hopper or not?

Thanks in advance for input:mickey:

joonyer
05-13-2014, 11:46 PM
7-day park pass (no hopping) = $334.50
7-day pass with hopper option = $391.50

Hoppers always cost more.

Ticket prices from Official Ticket Center (Intercot Sponsor)

faline
05-14-2014, 07:51 AM
As noted, there is an add-on cost for the hopper option. Whether it is worthwhile to you or not will depend on how you plan to tour the parks.

I typically have passes that allow for park hopping which suits my touring style. I may visit one park in the morning, return to my resort for a mid-day rest, and then go to another park in the afternoon. I may go to a park that has early extra magic hours and when I feel that park has gotten too crowded for my taste, hop to another, less crowded park.

azcavalier
05-14-2014, 10:08 AM
Agree with previous post. It's always more expensive to get the Park Hopper. But for us and our touring style, we can't imagine not having it. We always hit a park (there before it opens), eat lunch a little early, and leave before the big lunch rush (12-1). Then we unwind in the resort, swim, whatever, and head back out right before dinner (4-5). Often our dinner is at a restaurant in a different park.

steamboat willy
05-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Another :thumbsup: for Park Hopper Option. The cost for the Park Hopper is a one time cost ($67.00) so the longer you stay, the better deal it is. Same cost for 1 day or 10.
We go to a Park in the morning, return to our Resort around 3:00 for DW to rest and I relax and cool off by the pool.:vacation:
Then we can go catch more rides, fireworks, parades, etc in another Park. With Animal Kingdom closing at 5:00, we can rest and then go enjoy EMH at that Park or go walk around World Showcase and catch Illuminations.
We enjoy our options with the flexibility.
Enjoy Your Trip!:mickey::mickey:

RoyalDuchessofDisney
10-06-2014, 10:04 PM
I personally feel that the added expense of the parkhopper is not worth it, but that's just me. I know lots of people like to go between the parks on any given day, so if that's your style then its probably great. For my family we would not use the hopper very much as we like to spend the whole day in one park. However if this is not your touring style, I could see where the hopper could be worth it.

princessgirls
10-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Out of the 8 trips we have done to WDW, we only didn't get the park hopper option once, and I sincerely regretted it.

For us, it is worth the extra cost, as you have more flexibility.

Julie:mickey:

disneymom15
10-07-2014, 10:36 AM
We've always gone with the hopper option..
Some days we don't hop, but love having that option.

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-07-2014, 11:35 AM
It is never going to be cheaper to get the park hopper. But, if you want to go to more than one park each day, it is your only option. :)

For us, we always get the park hopper, simply because we find we're often eating dinner in a different park than the one we spend the day in. There are just too many good places to eat in Epcot!

You can buy the base ticket, and add the park hopper later, if you find you need it. The cost will be the same, but at least you know you'll use it if you wait!

1DisneyNut
10-07-2014, 11:40 AM
You can easily compare ticket pricing on the site sponsor official ticket center's website. There is a link on the left. Buying through Disney with your package will be just slightly higher and you can check their direct ticket pricing on their website.

We never buy park hopper. Even when it was free up until about 8 years ago, we never used it. We decide which park we are going to do each day and we go and do it. If we leave early or get done early, we go do other things such as Downtown or go offsite to eat somewhere.

Janmac
10-07-2014, 02:41 PM
For 7 days, the park hopper is an increase of $8.14 a day over the base ticket.

Having the option to visit another park is worth that $8 a day to us.

Jan

Lindslou
10-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Pros: You can hit a different park at night to see a night time show (Fantasmic, Illuminations, Wishes) that is not at the park you went to during the day. Flexibility (for example meeting up with people later in the day if you decide to split up). If it is a short trip (3 days for example) you can still see all 4 parks).

Cons: Costs more. Takes time to travel between parks (especially if using buses) so you can sometimes lose a lot of time in transportation while hopping.

I think if you are a slower paced group it can be good to not hop and just do one park per day and be in one place and take it slow. But if you guys are high energy you are more likely to want to hit extra magic hours in the AM and then move on to the next thing (EMH evening hours perhaps!).

MargaretMessler
10-07-2014, 06:04 PM
For 7 days, the park hopper is an increase of $8.14 a day over the base ticket.

Having the option to visit another park is worth that $8 a day to us.

Jan

I agree. It's worth it to me just for having the option, and very rare is the day we DON'T use it - even if just to go to EPCOT for desert and a drink before heading back to the resort.

Full disclosure, I am an adult with no children typically visiting with other single non parents. Everyone paying their own way. I suspect if I had children, or was footing the entire bill, I might feel differently.

I feel the same about rental car vs magical express. I like the flexibility so I just shop for a deal. But that's another discussion for a different day

Aurora
10-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Remember, you can buy the basic ticket without the hopper, and if you find during your trip that you really need to be able to park hop, you can always add the option onto your ticket for the $57 extra.

Unfortunately, you have to add the hopper onto the ENTIRE ticket. So if you go to parks for 3 days on the basic ticket, then you decide on the fourth day you want to be able to park hop, you have to add the hopper onto the entire 7-day ticket. That's because it's a flat $57 per ticket for the hopper (there's no per-day charge).