PDA

View Full Version : Changing dates?!?!?!

ajwgroomer
05-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Our trip is scheduled Nov 27-Dec 3rd and of course, our luck, no free dinning. With my job I can't take off before major holidays b/c we are busy so the only dates that would work w/ free dinning at same resort, CBR, are going to be Sept 27th-Oct 3rd. The downsides are only standard rooms are available, we have a preferred room now but the upside is b/c the cheaper room and free dinning we'd save $1,200. Another downside is no Christmas decorations but there will be Halloween decorations and I've always wanted to go during that time. I've been during Christmas and it's AWESOME but my husband and his niece have not. My husband doesn't care either way and his niece, 6, thought it'd be super cool to do the MNSHP from the get go so I know she won't mind missing the Christmas decorations. I've never been during the fall but my family has and they said crowds are very low plus I've read the same and from experience I know it's not too crowded right after Thanksgiving. I've stayed at the CBR always the water view tho so not sure about the standard view rooms... I guess my question is.... Would ya'll change your dates??? How were the crowds last year during the Sept/Oct dates? Is the room change THAT big of a deal? How common is it for them to do a room upgrade for free when you check in? Every time I've gone I've never got an upgrade but my sister and her family always seem to be the lucky ones and have gotten quite a few upgrades. Thanks for any advice :)

yankeesfan123
05-12-2014, 11:12 PM
It's possible that a room only discount could be announced for your dates still.

LandFan
05-13-2014, 07:29 AM
It is usually extremely sticky/humid and warm that week in September - I've been down there that week at least three times. If you don't mind the humidity and warmth, it's a nice week to go. I agree with the above post though - Maybe you can keep the reservation for the November week as well for a while (since it is only $200 if you are getting a package) and then if free dining does come out for that week you can still go then and if it doesn't you can go in September.

Either way it's a blast :mickey:

VacationDisney
05-13-2014, 08:46 AM
We have been in Sept/Oct time frame and it has been very nice. The Halloween parade is really cool:thumbsup:

We never ask for a "preferred" room so I don't understand all the fuss about it. We prefer to be as far away from the front of the resorts, thus the "preferred" room because of the potential of the noise level being loud late at night when we are trying to sleep & people are returning late from the parks or DTD. I am taking advantage of the fact that I can walk and don't mind, at all, the extra 5 or 10 minutes it takes to get to my room after a wonderful day at the parks:mickey:

The weather, during this time, has never been an issue for us. We have very humid summers where we live and by the time Sept/Oct comes around the humidity is on its way out:thumbsup:

Enjoy your vacation:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-13-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm kind of on the fence for this one and the only reason being it is a bit warm and humid this time of year, we live in Mississippi and our temps are within 10 degrees of Orlando usually. It doesn't usually ease until late October. That being said this past year we seemed to have an early fall so you might luck out.

For every other reason I say make the change...light crowds, F&W Festival, MNSSHP and cheaper rates....if you keep hydrated and make sure to get indoors enough to cool off I think it will be a blast.

mydisneygirls
05-13-2014, 10:20 AM
When my kids were younger and I was able to take them out of school, we always went in October and loved it. It was our favorite time to go and the weather was perfect for us. I'd say change your date if it's a savings of $1,200 and put that towards a future trip!

Ms. Mode
05-13-2014, 11:03 AM
We missed the free dining by a week also, but I'm still hoping for a room only deal to be released. In any case, I just don't want to change my dates...:

thads
05-13-2014, 02:32 PM
For me, dining plan definately trumps the view, or a little humidity. I would totally go. Of course, I am a person who spends very little time looking out of my hotel window at Disney. :thumbsup:

ajwgroomer
05-13-2014, 08:32 PM
We're from the Houston area (Texas) so we are very use to humidity (unfortunately lol) I'm use to the Florida heat, most all our trips were July. Hot, Hot HOT! lol I'm pretty sure we're going to change dates :)
Thanks for the input!!!! :mickey: