PDA

View Full Version : Using old Magic Bands

IloveJack
05-12-2014, 01:14 AM
We have bands for the 5 of us in my immediate family from our trip in Dec. For our upcoming trip, my mother and father are joining us. I called WDW and was told only to customize their bands, and we could use our old ones, so that's what I did. However, they sent us 5 gray bands and two customized ones. Can I take our old bands and have them sync them for this trip? I really don't want to wear a gray band just because that's what's in their system right now.

AgentC
05-12-2014, 07:40 AM
As long as you have your old band activated and attached to your tickets (check your MDE profile), they are fine. At the hotel, they will be able to link them for your room and charging privileges.

DizneyRox
05-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Just use the MDE website or App to make your old ones the active bands for those that want to use the old bands.

Disney sends the new ones (with fresh batteries) hoping that people use them instead.

The bands have to RFID chips in them, one for short range (used for park entry, purchases, hotel doors) and one for long range tracking, hence the battery. You lose nothing by continuing to use the old bands except maybe BOG won't be able to find you to deliver your lunch meal.