PDA

View Full Version : Late April/early May dining reviews.....

TheVBs
05-11-2014, 06:00 PM
We ate at 4 new places this past trip and one we'd done before.

Ohana: dinner, new to us, good food, great service. The atmosphere wasn't as fun as I expected though and I can't say we were wowed by the food. We enjoyed it, but won't be rushing back.

50's Prime Time Cafe: new to us, good food, I had the meatloaf, DH had the fried chicken, can't remember what the girls had. All really good. Great service. But, again, the atmosphere didn't quite live up to expectation. That could be because we weren't seated in one of the more themed areas. Again, enjoyed it, probably won't rush back.

Sanaa: dinner, new to us, really good food! Excellent service. I had the dinner where you pick two meats, I chose butter chicken and spicy shrimp, both really good, on rice. DH had the lamb and said it was good, but not great. DD13 had the New York strip steak, I had a bite and it was really good! I think DD9 had the cheese pizza and enjoyed it. The atmosphere was very nice and relaxing. We looked at the animals before and after dinner. They let us use the night vision goggles after dinner and it was so cool! DD9 and I also got to join in the drum circle before dinner in the lobby. Lots of fun! We would do this again, but not before trying more new places.

Teppan Edo: lunch, we've done this before and had another great experience! Our chef was such a great performer and there was not one bad bite of food. The filet mignon was to die for! DH and I each ordered one of the mixed drinks, something we don't usually do and were completely underwhelmed by them. We would do this again, but wait until we've tried other places first.

Be Our Guest: dinner, new to us. So good!!! I had the lamb and it was to die for. DH and the DDs all had steak and they were great. My sister had the fish and really enjoyed it. The desserts were divine. We got a few different ones so that we could try them, triple chocolate cupcake, the grey stuff and strawberry cheesecake cupcake. Although, DD9 ate all the frosting off the strawberry one before any of us had a chance to try it. Themeing was over the top! Walking into that ballroom was like walking into the movie. Even before you go in (we had to check in at the front to get by the guards at the gate - seriously) they give you a candelabra to carry. We ate in the rose room and it was beautiful. The Beast will make appearances and you get your picture with him afterwards. Huge price tag! But, we would definitely do this again.

MargaretMessler
05-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Can I ask, how was the crowds? And did you need to make all your ADRs at the 180 day mark or were you able to wait a little bit closer and still get what you wanted?

TheVBs
05-12-2014, 06:49 AM
We were in the parks from 4/28 - 5/6. At the earlier end of our trip, the crowds were heavier than we're used to. We usually go either in Sept. or the 2nd week of May. We didn't book our trip until 100 days out, and made the ADRs a bit after that. I was really worried that we wouldn't have any luck with ADRs, but we were able to book everything except BOG right off the bat. I kept checking back for BOG and scored a 5:15 dinner reservation a couple weeks before our trip.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-12-2014, 08:11 AM
Sounds great, thanks for the reviews