PDA

View Full Version : Wardrobe malfunctions....

TheVBs
05-11-2014, 05:26 PM
I had a couple of things happen to me that were absolutely firsts on this last trip. Thought I'd pass them along on the off chance it may help someone else.

Wardrobe malfunction #1: At the end of last summer I bought a red cotton dress with an African print on it from a farmer's market. Brought it with us on this past WDW trip, hadn't even worn it yet. We're in AK (perfect park to wear it to I thought) and we get on Kali River Rapids. Needless to say, I got soaked. No big deal. It was a hot day, it felt good. We get off the ride and DH looks over at me and does a double take. The red dye was coming off the fabric and running down my arms and legs!! I went into the bathroom to at least wash my hands and the color was NOT coming off! I told DH that I'd have to go back to the room to shower. He and DD13 still had a FP coming up for EE and I could see the panic in his eyes. He said, "Don't worry, you'll dry!" Well, yes, I'll dry, but I won't stop being pink. Thankfully, DD9 was willing to come back with me for the promise of a swim in the Big Blue Pool. I cannot even describe the looks I got as I walked out of the park, looking like a crime scene. The moral of the story is, do not get on water rides unless you're wearing colorfast clothing. Chances are, I was probably told to wash it before wearing it and forgot.

Wardrobe malfunction #2: Less dramatic, but much higher potential humiliation level. I was going to buy a new bathing suit before we left, but ran out of time and decided to make do with the old one. It's a few years old, I've lost a little weight since I bought it, so the bottoms were a little loose. DO NOT get in the wave pool at TL with loose bottoms!! I now know what it's like to try to keep my bottoms on while trying not to drown under one of those monster waves - twice. I walked straight to the gift shop there and bought a one piece. Not a purchase I'd planned to make, but at least it has a Mickey on it.

And one useful tip for ladies who like to wear hats but worry about hat hair. Slip a thin plastic headband on under your hat, then when you take your hat off it will look like your hair is supposed to be smushed down.

TheHD
05-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Was it wrong for me to chuckle while reading your post? :mickey:

TheVBs
05-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Nope, not at all. :mickey: I laughed too - AFTER I managed to scrub the pink off, and AFTER I was no longer in danger of ending up half naked at TL. :thumbsup: You really just have to laugh at that kind of stuff.

TheHD
05-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Obviously you are a seasoned pro, but it's always funny to see some first-timer's reactions when getting nailed by the monster wave. They really don't expect to get completely drenched. Last time I sat next to a guy who put his phone in his pocket and was upset that it got wet after being the lucky one to get hit by the wave.

Niecyboo
05-11-2014, 10:07 PM
I'm going to show this to my daughter to make her feel better! We rode Kali today and even though it's been 2 weeks since she dyed her hair bright red, for some reason there was enough dye left to streak down her face and neck. It must normally shower off. She was able to get most of it off in the bathroom, and what was left on her neck just looked like sunburn, so not as catastrophic as yours, but it made me think of that.

TheVBs
05-12-2014, 07:06 AM
Niceyboo how funny! What are the chances of two of us getting tie dyed pink on Kali?!

I know what you mean HD. A lot of people never expect to get wet, let alone soaked!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-12-2014, 08:08 AM
:funny:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-12-2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks for sharing ... these are great!

(I'm not brave enough to share my wardrobe malfunction moment ... we now refer to it as my "universal moment" within the family, since it happened at universal ... teaches me to visit the "dark side").

yjgirl32
05-12-2014, 08:46 AM
Thank you for sharing.

DKA041177
05-12-2014, 08:52 AM
I'm sorry...but I had to get a big laugh out of that also!

Aurora
05-12-2014, 10:35 AM
I cannot even describe the looks I got as I walked out of the park, looking like a crime scene.

:rotfl:

Thanks for the great stories. You hear a lot about people almost losing their tops on the water park slides, but not their bottoms in the pool!

Gator
05-12-2014, 11:44 AM
You probably looked like a scene from "Carrie".

EJS-Houston
05-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Love your wonderful, self-deprecating sense of humor! Thanks for sharing that!

MrPeetrie
05-12-2014, 09:07 PM
Love your wonderful, self-deprecating sense of humor! Thanks for sharing that!

I'll second that.

PirateLover
05-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Yikes! I lost a swim suit top at the beach before (luckily I grabbed it myself and no one was the wiser). From then on, I've always worn 1 pieces or really really secure 2 pieces to the beach and water parks.

My other clothing incident wasn't as much an embarrassment as it was an uncomfortable lesson. When I was a teen, I wore jean shorts to a local amusement park. We went on a log flume ride and I got SOAKED. The sun was setting and the shorts refused to dry. I ended up chafed beyond belief and super uncomfortable the rest of the evening. That is one of the main reasons I stopped wearing jean shorts.:secret:

Aurora
05-13-2014, 12:04 PM
Yikes! I lost a swim suit top at the beach before (luckily I grabbed it myself and no one was the wiser). From then on, I've always worn 1 pieces or really really secure 2 pieces to the beach and water parks.

My other clothing incident wasn't as much an embarrassment as it was an uncomfortable lesson. When I was a teen, I wore jean shorts to a local amusement park. We went on a log flume ride and I got SOAKED. The sun was setting and the shorts refused to dry. I ended up chafed beyond belief and super uncomfortable the rest of the evening. That is one of the main reasons I stopped wearing jean shorts.:secret:

Reminds me of another very important tip: Never go on the water rides wearing colored underwear under white pants or shorts. :blush:

#1donaldfan
05-14-2014, 12:43 PM
This thread has made my day !! Thanks !!:mickey:

momef3grls
05-14-2014, 09:47 PM
For the chuckle I really needed it today...going through some family stuff and really needed the laugh
:blush:

TheVBs
05-18-2014, 09:05 AM
I was hoping it would make people laugh! :mickey: In the moment, all I could think was, "I cannot believe this is happening to me." But I refused to be upset. Just did what I needed to fix it and we're still laughing about it!

Arielfan98
05-18-2014, 09:25 AM
I loved hearing your stories! Glad you could laugh at it even if it was embarrassing!

mouseketeer mom
05-19-2014, 06:07 AM
Great stories! Especially the Kali one!!!

mom2morgan
05-21-2014, 01:46 PM
I'm SO Sorry this happened to you! And I'm also so sorry that I'm laughing so hard I'm crying! :haha:

I had a couple of things happen to me that were absolutely firsts on this last trip. Thought I'd pass them along on the off chance it may help someone else.

Wardrobe malfunction #1: At the end of last summer I bought a red cotton dress with an African print on it from a farmer's market. Brought it with us on this past WDW trip, hadn't even worn it yet. We're in AK (perfect park to wear it to I thought) and we get on Kali River Rapids. Needless to say, I got soaked. No big deal. It was a hot day, it felt good. We get off the ride and DH looks over at me and does a double take. The red dye was coming off the fabric and running down my arms and legs!! I went into the bathroom to at least wash my hands and the color was NOT coming off! I told DH that I'd have to go back to the room to shower. He and DD13 still had a FP coming up for EE and I could see the panic in his eyes. He said, "Don't worry, you'll dry!" Well, yes, I'll dry, but I won't stop being pink. Thankfully, DD9 was willing to come back with me for the promise of a swim in the Big Blue Pool. I cannot even describe the looks I got as I walked out of the park, looking like a crime scene. The moral of the story is, do not get on water rides unless you're wearing colorfast clothing. Chances are, I was probably told to wash it before wearing it and forgot.

TheVBs
05-22-2014, 07:43 AM
LOL! Thank you and I forgive you. :mickey: