PDA

View Full Version : 3 night solo birthday Flower Show trip.

Katzateer
05-11-2014, 09:03 AM
This was my 4 th year going solo for the flower show. My youngest was MAD she could not go but she had finals and the room rate I got was cheap ( booked bounce back rate in December).

I spent all of my time at the parks since I got a 3 day pass. I should not have spent so much on that pass and should have got an annual pass since I am going in Dec. and Jan. My bad.

I posted some food reviews already so won't go over my dining again but I love those cupcakes at Cheshire Cafe!,:cloud9:

And my absolutely favorite parade is the new MK afternoon delight! Great job on the float designs and that dragon is fantastic! Heard different people talking about how much trouble he has caused ( not working properly) but I saw him all 3 afternoons and his firebreathing display was working fine.

Watched Wishes in front of the new Dwarf Mines ride. They were working on lighting, sound, and running empty trains before fireworks,

All my FP+ worked great. Getting into the parks doesn't seem like it goes much faster without the turnstiles. Takes most people awhile to figure out what to do.

A lot of non- English or Hispanic guests. Not sure where all the families were from but they were not able to understand instructions. A driver on the safari at AK was very upset with one family whose child would not stay seated. I thought for non- English speaking guests they had headphone sets. must be very frustrating if you don't understand any of the instructions or what the CM 's are saying.

Used to love the Flower Show at Epcot but all the topiaries are the same as past years- not much new in the designs. And with the food and drink booths it has turned into the Food and Wine Festival. The booths are a nice addition but I hope some new flower displays show up next year. In the countries, Italy was really the only country that attempted a big flower display.

Weather was beautiful but hot. Above 90 everyday but no rain so felt very lucky.

Enjoyed the Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party and it seems to be doing very well with responses. Over 100 people the night I went but it wasn't a crowded feeling and just about everyone had a table to STAND at ( grumbling about that). Plenty of shorter tables for wheelchair guests.

All Star Movies was fine. The carpet was very worn in my room and the chairs had stains on them but the linens looked new and the rest of the room was in good order. No problems with bus service. The buses I rode did not stop at the other All Star resorts going to the parks or coming back at night.

Did not go to any other resorts- normally would spend a little time at monrail resorts but with Poly being remodeled did not try to go to Kona's. Will be sad to see waterfall gone in lobby at Poly. The new design looks like it won't be as beautful- just a generic WDW hotel lobby. Pretty but not the Island feel without the flowers and waterfall to greet you inside.

Enjoyed AK a lot this trip. The 2 safari's were good but did not see any lions. MK had a lot of construction going on and was very crowded. Epcot was crowded also with many big tour groups. The Studios was not bad. Was able to get into SciFi last minute around 5 and into B&B a couple of minutes into show.

Had a great time - love spring at WDW!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-12-2014, 08:17 AM
Sounds like a good trip, thanks for the report:mickey:

faline
05-13-2014, 05:56 PM
Yes, we found the topiaries for the most part were the same as from years past - just placed in different locations. Still, we greatly enjoyed seeing all the lovely flowers!!