PDA

View Full Version : Agents of SHIELD- All of a sudden, it's good.

AgentC
05-08-2014, 01:03 PM
Okay, maybe not all of a sudden to people who never gave up on it but it was to me.

SHIELD is one of those shows that I wanted to love because I loved the Marvel movies so much but I had a real hard time getting into it so it became one of my last DVR choices. But it stayed on the DVR because my husband really liked it.

Sometime in January I started watching with him again and I was pleasantly surprised.

Then the twists and tie in with the Winter Soldier happened and they pulled me back in.

Now I'm looking forward to next week's finale.

Anyone else still watching? Or did the slowness at the beginning of the season make you drop it?

BrowncatP
05-08-2014, 02:05 PM
After watching the first two or three shows, I left. My husband kept on watching it. I started to watch it again about 5 shows ago. They need to have more tie ends to the Marvel superheros. It has improved.

azcavalier
05-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I tried. I really tried. Like you, I wanted to like it. I watched about four or five episodes. For me, i just couldn't buy in to some of the characters. Like Skye....she's supposed to be this amazing hacker, but she doesn't come across as believable. It drove me nuts. I feel like she's just supposed to be eye candy.

Anyway, it's on our DVR as well. Maybe at some point i'll look at it again.

wilcat
05-08-2014, 03:42 PM
It did start out slow but it really caught our eye. Now it is a must do every week. Can't wait for the season finale next week.

Madame Leona
05-08-2014, 04:55 PM
I think I'm one of the few who liked it from day one. It has gotten even better however but I'm not really ready for the season finale.

kakn7294
05-08-2014, 10:49 PM
I liked it in the beginning but now I'm just obsessed!

Kenny1113
05-09-2014, 08:07 AM
DSs really like it. They have pretty much enjoyed it from day one. I don't particularly enjoy it, but agree the tie in with the movie was neat.

AgentC
05-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Enough people must be watching, it has been officially renewed.

PirateLover
05-09-2014, 01:27 PM
We were disappointed in the beginning as well but we stuck with it. It definitely started an uptick before The Winter Soldier events, but since then it's really found its way! Loved the plot twists with Hydra- I really didn't see some of that coming.