PDA

View Full Version : Dining Suggestions

Kplaster
05-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I am in need of suggestions for dining. We normally go the week before Christmas but this year we are going Nov 20-30th. So far my rough idea of restaurants is below. I am open to suggestions for changes or places to add. Please let me know what are your must go to restaurants and why?

Nov 21- Be Our Guest (Dinner)
Nov 22- Mama Melrose (Dinner/Fantasmic)
Nov 23- Tusker House (Dinner)
Nov 24- Le Cellier (Dinner)
Nov 25- Via Napoli (Lunch)
Beaches and Cream (Dinner)
Nov 26- Rainforest Cafe (Dinner/AK)
Nov 27- Be Our Guest (Dinner)
Nov 28- Dine in theater (Dinner)
Nov 29- Yachtsman Steakhouse (Dinner)

The Hitchhiking Ghost
05-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Looks like you have some upscale tastes, and a taste for meat (LeCellier & Yachtsman - both :thumbsup:). I would suggest Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. A good selection Northwestern US cuisine, beautiful atmosphere, close to MK (can take friendship boat to/from). We dined their only once several years ago, but I really enjoyed it.

50's Prime Time is a fun restaurant at DHS. We've done Momma Melrose too and liked it, but that seems to get mixed reviews on this board. I've never done the Sci-fi Drive In and frankly when I've looked in, its just never had any appeal to me.

Rainforest doesn't do much for me, we have one where we live, so for us, never really a consideration. Boma/Jiko over at the AKL are both very good and I'd recommend those over Rainforest.

Sounds like you are in for some serious good eating.

Kplaster
05-07-2014, 05:02 PM
I don't know about upscale tastes but we do like steak when we go to Disney because we so rarely have it when we are at home HaHa. I looked at Artist Point and have put serious consideration into it so I might need to do a switch around on that one. We didn't care to much for 50's Prime Time and we only go to Sci-Fi to get a milkshake (not impressed with the food). We LOVE Rainforest but we don't have one here in Memphis so Disney is really the only time we go. Boma is another serious consideration. We arn't big on the buffett dinners but I have heard it is worth going to.

Thank you for your suggestions I really appreciate it :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-07-2014, 08:00 PM
I would replace one of the BOG dinners for Ohanas, a quick ride on the monorail and you're there and it's our favorite restaurant

Arielfan98
05-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Not quite sure whether this would appeal to you but I'd highly recommend Rose and Crown. It has a wonderful atmosphere; perfect for family dining or a great pub for just the adults. Their bangers and mash are to die for and I love their mushy peas!

Second, I'd HIGHLY recommend the Turf Club Bar and Grill at Saratoga Springs. SOOO delicious I can't even describe how juicy my steak was with lobster fondue :tasty: and that apple crumble dessert....to die for! And it's fun because if you plan your dinner early enough, you can make it onto one of the boats to go to Downtown Disney afterward :)

disneynarula
05-08-2014, 03:04 AM
If you like steak you may want to try the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. We usually eat there on the evening we go to Hollywood Studios.

We like the food there and the atmosphere is little more subdued than other places on property.

mydisneygirls
05-08-2014, 10:22 AM
If you like steak you may want to try the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. We usually eat there on the evening we go to Hollywood Studios.

We like the food there and the atmosphere is little more subdued than other places on property.

I agree. We love Captain's Grille. The steak --- you could cut it with your fork it is so tender. Someone told me the steak they serve here is the same steak served at the Yatchtsman (and it's only 1 TS instead of 2 on the DP). It's a must do for us.

TheDuckRocks
05-08-2014, 11:33 AM
We also love Captain's Grille. My 2 favorites here are the Braised Short Rib and the S'more Tart. OK, so I really must confess ..... it's all about that S'more Tart for me. :blush:

disneynarula
05-09-2014, 04:29 AM
It's a hidden gem for sure (Captain's Grille).

We always like to try one new place every trip. We tried it for the first time on our last trip. DH liked it so much that we had to cancel one of our other ADRs just to eat there. My MIL is a vegan and they made a lovely meal for her as well. I get the crab cakes and they are yummy!

We discovered a lot of random places one year when we booked a last minute trip with free dining. That was back when free basic dining was even for the values during the promotion. It also included tips and appetizers. Needless to say it was very popular then and a decent deal.

However, it was impossible to get an ADR almost anywhere.

Another favorite we discovered was Olivia's Cafe at Old Key West.

Lindsey
05-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Good choice on Tusker House. :thumbsup: My husband and I eat there at least once per trip, but we ate there twice on our trip last fall. I like Tusker House because I'm vegan and there are plenty of options for me there, (there are a lot of animal-based foods for omni's too), my husband likes Tusker for the fish.

Tinkerbell23
05-09-2014, 02:41 PM
We also went to Paradiso 37 and T Rex in Downtown Disney for the first time this year. Both were really good and it's always nice to try somewhere new:)

:mickey:

pixiesmimi
05-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Cape May at the Beach Club is good. Cat Cora's on the Boardwalk is wonderful!

I am glad to hear the good reviews of the Captain's Grill. We are going there our first night and I wasn't sure how the food was. DH is all about a good steak.

Kplaster
05-13-2014, 12:24 PM
I really appreciate everyone's reply's. I have updated my list and i'm looking for more suggestions possibly breakfast options as we have never done breakfast table service.

Fri- Be Our Guest Dinner
Sat- Mama Melrose Lunch
Sun- Tusker House Dinner
Mon- Nine Dragons Lunch
Tues- Via Napoli Lunch
Beaches and Cream Dinner
Wed- 1900 Park Fare Breakfast
Tommorowland Terrace Desert Party
Thurs- Be Our Guest Dinner
Fri- Movie Theater OOP
Sat- Captains Grille Dinner

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-13-2014, 01:04 PM
I really appreciate everyone's reply's. I have updated my list and i'm looking for more suggestions possibly breakfast options as we have never done breakfast table service.

Fri- Be Our Guest Dinner
Sat- Mama Melrose Lunch
Sun- Tusker House Dinner
Mon- Nine Dragons Lunch
Tues- Via Napoli Lunch
Beaches and Cream Dinner
Wed- 1900 Park Fare Breakfast
Tommorowland Terrace Desert Party
Thurs- Be Our Guest Dinner
Fri- Movie Theater OOP
Sat- Captains Grille Dinner

Kona Cafe can't be beat for breakfast, great coffee, macademia nut pancakes, tonga toast, just can't say enough

If you want to go for character interaction with standard buffet breakfast 1900 Park Fare is fun

DKA041177
05-13-2014, 01:35 PM
You have some awesome dinners planned!!! I know it is out of the way, but my favorite restaurant (and my wife's) is Jiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you plan on leaving the parks early for the day, then plan on a dinner there. It is also nice just to walk around the lodge, as it is breathtaking in and of itself. But the food....incredible!