PDA

View Full Version : Swan & Dolphin Breakdown

ImagiAsh
05-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Would someone please be kind enough to break down the Swan and Dolphin hotels for me? I had the opportunity to stay there as a kid and now I am trying to book as an adult. My question is less geared toward "which one is better" and more geared towards "why don't they offer all of the perks?"

Some websites list these two hotels as "Walt Disney's Swan and Dolphin Hotels," yet I hear they do not offer the same benefits as staying at an actual Disney hotel. What do they offer? What don't they offer? Are they compatible with Magic Bands at this point? What about Magical Express or Extra Magic Hours? How much magic am I getting exactly? :laughing:

Thank you! :mickey:

Fangorn
05-06-2014, 01:31 PM
The Swan and Dolphin are not owned or operated by Disney. There's a rather checkered past here - you can look it up if you're interested - but the result at this point is that the Swan and Dolphin participate in some of the perks of the Disney hotels but not all. The primary differences are:

1) S&D do not participate in Magical Express
2) S&D guests are not eligible for the dining plans
3) you cannot charge to your room (other than purchase made at the S&D)
4) you cannot have your purchases in the parks delivered to your hotel.

S&D DO participate in EMH and FastPass+ (not sure if you get 60 or 30 days though). Guests also receive free parking at the theme parks.

Hope this helps.

Steve

DizneyRox
05-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Guests also receive free parking at the theme parks.

Don't they have a parking fee for the resort however?

The rest is correct, you pretty much only get FP+ and EMH and "complimentary" WDW transportation to the theme parks. If I recall, sometimes it's the same line as Yacht/Beach Club and Boardwalk, sometimes not. Never figured out why, seasonal, maybe different parks, maybe it's always separate now.

Fangorn
05-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Don't they have a parking fee for the resort however?

Yes, there is a fee to park at both the Swan and Dolphin. There is also a "Resort Fee". The fees are not insignificant. $16/day to park and $20/day for the "Resort Fee".

Generally, the Park buses for S&D are shared with Y&BC, but it can vary. I've seen S&D have their own buses and I've seen all 5 of the Epcot resorts (throwing Boardwalk into the mix too) share one bus.

Steve

mdricks
05-06-2014, 04:17 PM
There is a fee for resort parking. And a resort fee as well. In the end the deal is about the same as a moderate but the property is a shade nicer IMHO.

An overlooked plus is they are a starwood property so if you are a member and have starwood points to spend you can use them here.

:number1:

azcavalier
05-06-2014, 10:32 PM
4) you cannot have your purchases in the parks delivered to your hotel.

Actually, according to the Swan and Dolphin website, you can indeed have your purchases delivered to the hotel. It does not say anything about tying your park ticket to your credit card, however.

Fangorn
05-07-2014, 12:38 AM
Actually, according to the Swan and Dolphin website, you can indeed have your purchases delivered to the hotel. It does not say anything about tying your park ticket to your credit card, however.

That's different than the last time I stayed there (granted, that was several years ago). Good to know.

Steve