PDA

View Full Version : Party of one - day 1

DisneyEpcotDad
05-06-2014, 01:43 AM
Hello. Plane landed in Orlando on schedule early afternoon to sunny 90 degree weather. "Old" magic band worked for magical express. Walked right onto bus to Pop Century. Bus departed about a minute after I got on as it was almost full. Driver was not interactive with riders. Pop century was second stop. On line check in line had 2 in front of me. About 5 minutes to get served. They had a cast member helping you as you stood in line. A new magic band awaited me but I told person I was fine with the band I already had. So she said they would recycle new band. I wonder why disney doesn't ask people if they already have a band when you make reservations????

Found room in bldg 6. Rooms to me are similar to moderate value resorts I've visited. Went to Epcot where I used Fp+ to ride The Land. Crowd was moderate size to me. I only saw a few vendors selling samples of food. I expected same number as at food and wine fest. I did American Experience then walked to Cape May for dinner at beach club. Got there right on time for reservation. Waited about 20 minutes before I was seated in quiet room off main serving area. I had an attentive waiter. I was thirsty and hungry and took my time eating.

I decided to head over to Downtown Disney to purchase wifey mothers day items from The Basin instead of going back to Epcot to use Fp+ on Test Track. Went right back to the bus and pop century after Basin purchase.

Stopped by pop stores to buy supplies for fridge, watch NBA game then called it a night around 10:30.

Tuesday goal, magic kingdom and a movie in downtown disney. Good half a day.

yjgirl32
05-06-2014, 08:31 AM
Thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
05-06-2014, 10:58 AM
A great Disney day!!

VWL Mom
05-06-2014, 12:08 PM
Sounds like a great first day!

hauntedmansiongirl
05-07-2014, 04:30 AM
Lucky girl getting Basin stuff! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Sounds like a nice beginning

faline
05-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Your trip is off to a smooth start!! Basin is a great choice for gift purchases!!

emerzmom
05-14-2014, 12:41 PM
On my last trip I stayed at Pop for 1 night. I was pleasantly surprised. It sounds like your first day was WDW wonderful!
:tink:
Julie

KylesMom
05-20-2014, 03:46 PM
Doesn't get much better - on time flight, nice warm weather, Epcot & Cape May's spread for dinner - very nice! :mickey: