PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill...

LandFan
05-04-2014, 04:55 PM
Ok so... When did Garden Grill get kicked off the dining plan??? It says no dining plan accepted on the walt disney world dining page when I was showing it to a friend... So is this true or not? Some sites still say it is 1 TS...

LandFan
05-04-2014, 07:19 PM
I answered my own question - I downloaded the dining plan PDF and it is listed as being 1 TS on that so I assume that it still is and it is wrong on their web page.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-04-2014, 11:02 PM
I would guess it is a website issue. It has always been on the dining plan, and as a Disney-owned restaurant I would be very surprised if that changed.

Made me worry for a minute though ... it is one of our favourites!

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
05-05-2014, 04:48 AM
I just made a reservation for The Garden Grill yesterday by phone (because MDE wouldn't work for dining ressies).The reservation process was all automated and it said if I was using the DDP it was worth one table service credit.
BTW - I switched our reservation from Whispering Canyon to the Garden Grill b/c it is a character experience. Hope it's good. Any comments?

LandFan
05-05-2014, 08:00 AM
We like it there a lot! It is kind of nice the way it is set up - the characters get to focus on one table at a time because of the layout. Chip and Dale are a hoot as is Pluto. We are trying to go there for Thanksgiving dinner.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-05-2014, 08:35 AM
A great choice! Character interaction is THE BEST we've had. The characters often come by two or three times, and are very interactive.

The food is good too ... we enjoy it more than WCC (hands-down).

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
05-06-2014, 05:11 AM
A great choice! Character interaction is THE BEST we've had. The characters often come by two or three times, and are very interactive.

The food is good too ... we enjoy it more than WCC (hands-down).

So happy I decided to make the switch! It's going to be a busy day for us. We have our FP's for DHS, then to Epcot for The Garden Grille, then to MK for The Wishes Dessert Party! BTW - does anyone know - How do you easily get from DHS to Epcot? I thought I read somewhere you could take a boat or is there a walkway between the two parks?

yankeesfan123
05-06-2014, 06:28 AM
You answered your own question. Stay to the left when you exit HS. Give totals plenty of time though, the walk isn't super short and the boat makes stops along the way.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-06-2014, 09:19 AM
:exactly: When you leave DHS, the boat is to the left (the busses and parking lot are on the right).

It is a slow boat trip (~20 minutes once you're on the boat), you can usually walk it faster, but we save the steps and enjoy the break on the boat.

Enjoy!

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
05-07-2014, 05:12 AM
I never noticed the boats so I will be on the lookout when we enter DHS. Thanks everyone! :rocks: The countdown is on - 10 days till the MAGIC!!! Woo-Hoo!;):joy: