PDA

View Full Version : Walking around the world?

Mrs Bus Driver
05-03-2014, 06:33 AM
Hi all, I am planning a future trip to the world. Since I have to be on oxygen 24/7 I thought I would have to get a scooter. Thanks to pulmonary rehab and the great people there I am walking a bit more. Right now my personal goal is to do 2 miles a day in an hour. Now this is on a treadmill, going uphill still kicks me you-know-where and don't expect that to change anytime soon. Recently they suggested I get a walker, not knowing anything about walkers I pictured Grandma using the one with the tennis balls on the ends and I thought how awful. After doing some research I found newer models like the rollater with four wheels, saddle bags, seat and breaks. They look like the perfect thing for going to malls and such and I even started thinking about using one at the world. I was wondering if anyone else has done this? Would really like to hear from anyone who has done this or gone with someone who did it. Thanks :mickey:

Disney4us2
05-03-2014, 07:30 AM
I have used that type of walker. I mainly use my scooter since it easier on my back. As you know WDW is a lot of walking, even with a rollator. My issues are different from yours and you may be able to tolerate it better than me.

Scar
05-03-2014, 09:16 AM
I've never been with anyone who has, but I've certainly seen them. I would think just having your own seat anytime you need one would be reason enough to use one.