PDA

View Full Version : Mine Train Soft Opening

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
05-03-2014, 06:21 AM
So bummed to learn that the Mine Train is not officially available to the public & FP selections until May 28. :( Our trip is scheduled for May 17-23 so it looks like we won't be able to ride it. Does anyone know if they will do a "soft-opening" during the time frame we are there? How does this work? We are really hoping for the chance to ride it!

MyDisneyworld
05-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Maybe they will randomly open up for a few hours, have seen that in the past. Good luck.

mechanic
05-03-2014, 09:42 AM
We were there when mission space did soft opening. No fanfare or announcement, just a sign near entrance. If I remember correctly it said limited rides available subject to random closure.

disneymom15
05-03-2014, 10:05 AM
We were there when mission space did soft opening. No fanfare or announcement, just a sign near entrance. If I remember correctly it said limited rides available subject to random closure.

That's how they did it for rockin roller coaster.

DizneyFreak2002
05-03-2014, 10:32 AM
So bummed to learn that the Mine Train is not officially available to the public & FP selections until May 28. :( Our trip is scheduled for May 17-23 so it looks like we won't be able to ride it. Does anyone know if they will do a "soft-opening" during the time frame we are there? How does this work? We are really hoping for the chance to ride it!

Soft opens are not announced... So no telling or knowing if they will be doing softs at any certain time... They are random at best... With grand opening May 28th, it is possible they will be doing soft opens while you are there... But no one can say for sure...

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
05-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Thank you guys so much for the info! You have given us some hope! :thumbsup:

DKA041177
05-04-2014, 09:36 AM
I will keep my fingers crossed for you! You never know about soft openings, but maybe you will get lucky!

mechanic
05-04-2014, 02:54 PM
Just to repeat what dizfreak said...
Its not announced. You have to go by entrance and check.

LoveofEVERYTHINGDisney
05-05-2014, 04:31 AM
Just to repeat what dizfreak said...
Its not announced. You have to go by entrance and check.

We will plan to check often! lol! Thanks again! I must admit tho- I got miffed at first when I learned we may not be able to ride the mine train, but then reality set in: We'll be at Disney so it will be fine either way. :cloud9: