PDA

View Full Version : OKW Bus Questions

jennsky
05-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Good afternoon! So Buttercup and I are staying at OKW when we head down for #runICOT 2015. So excited! Checking another hotel off my Disney Hotel Bucket List! From what I understand, OKW is pretty darn spread out. Can someone explain the bus system there? If I want to, for example, hop a bus to Magic Kingdom, do I need to get myself to the main "Hospitality House" building at the resort to then get a bus to the Magic Kingdom, or do those buses stop at all of the bus stops throughout the resort? And has anyone stayed there during a runDisney event? Does the same thing happen with the runDisney buses that take you to all the events? Anyone have any other OKW tips to enlighten us with?? Thanks so much! :mickey:

faline
05-02-2014, 04:41 PM
You do not need to change busses at Hospitality House in order to take a bus to the parks but, yes, the resort is quite spread out and there are a number of bus stops throughout the resort - don't remember exactly how many.

The on-site restaurant is worth a meal (or two). There is also boat transportation to Downtown Disney from Hospitality House.

Enjoy your stay!

Janmac
05-05-2014, 06:38 PM
OKW is spread out. However, as faline has said, you do not need to get an internal bus to the Hospitality House to get a park bus. Any park bus goes throughout the resort stopping at all the bus stops.

This posed a problem for my quite-motion-sick-prone niece as the bus drivers were quite adept at wheeling around through the resort bus stops. Didn't bother me any but her tummy was fairly upset by the time our stop came up.

If memory serves, the HH bus stop is the last stop, and that was our stop. Ok on the outgoing trip but not coming home.

We had decided that if we stay at OKW again (since that stay we've been at VWL and BWV) we will request any building in the 23 to 26 group, figuring to walk to HH to get on a bus in the morning and disembarking at the bus stop in that area in the evening.

Regarding the restaurant on property, we might have been too hungry and had an ADR too late as our service was slow and we didn't care for our food. We felt the counter service offerings were sparse.

Otherwise we loved this resort and the huge amount of room in our villa.

Jan

TinksPixieDust
05-08-2014, 01:56 PM
I've never stayed at OKW during a rundisney event but I have stayed at BWV and SSR for rundisney events. My assumption ( but you might want confirmation) is that the rundisney event transportation only has one stop and it is NOT at the regular bus stop. BWV rundisney bustop was closer to the convention center/inn side ( no worries there are signs and usually people that point you in the right direction) and SSR the bus stop is across the "street" from the Springs bus stop.My guess is there will be a similar location at OKW that you can inquire about i'd assume it would be closer to the main building like most of the other rundisney stops.

I want to say there are about 5 bus stops within the resort much like SSR. While 5 stops inside the resort seems like alot I feel like it is no different from staying at BWV and having to stop at the swan, dolphin, yacht and then beach.

youll have fun!