PDA

View Full Version : WDW Thanksgiving week 2014

homeschool mom
05-01-2014, 09:06 PM
We are veteran visitors, but we have never visited over the week of Thanksgiving break. We may possibly go this November. I welcome any recommendations or advice you can share.
Thank you. :mickey:

faline
05-02-2014, 07:07 AM
The beginning of the week will be the more manageable portion of your trip. Crowds will thicken by Wednesday; Thursday through Saturday will be extremely busy; and Sunday will see crowds begin to dwindle again.

Plan well. Take advantage of early extra magic hours - lots of folks sleep in so you can accomplish much in the first couple of hours the park is open. Use fastpass+ to the extent possible. Make your dining reservations - particularly for must-do locations as far in advance as possible - that probably means before the end of this month!

It's possible that parks (particularly the Magic Kingdom) could close due to capacity so have a plan b in place.

Relax - enjoy - do what you can and don't worry about the rest!!

princessgirls
05-05-2014, 02:38 PM
We are hoping to do this week again.

Crowds are there, but the weather was so nice and pleasant, that I absolutely loved it!

Julie:mickey:

LandFan
05-05-2014, 09:13 PM
We'll be there this week too! 11/20-11/28 :mickey:

RedSoxFan
05-06-2014, 08:05 PM
We are going Thanksgiving week also (11/20--11/29 w/free dining). We've done this week a few times and it's not too busy in the beginning; but busy at the end of the week. I avoid MK on Thanksgiving. It's a great week IMO.