PDA

View Full Version : Family vacation

jenperich
04-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Hello all! Time to start planning our next trip - yay! We will be doing a family trip in honor of my Dad's retirement. We will be 6(+1 when my brother visits from Tampa), one toddler, and two one year olds. We will be using probably three years worth of DVC points. My dad has always dreamed of going to Hawaii, so I was hoping to stay at the new Poly DVC, however I'm not sure that's the best option for rooms. Any advice as to where we should stay?

Also, any advice on when we should go? TIA!

Pirate Granny
04-30-2014, 08:29 PM
Exactly what year are you planning to go? We have 6 adults, two 5 yr olds and two 7 year olds. We will be at HH grand villa at OKW and two nights at VGF in a 2-bedrooms I-off. We love OKW for the size, and my gals wanted to try VGF as it's new and we probably won't be able to ever book again...lots of points for that one. Can you all fit in a 3 bedroom? I would check how mant points you would have and check the various seasons.

I see you own at BLT...that was my preference TPV GV for our last two nights, again they still wanted VGF...we've stayed in a TPV 2bedroom and TPV studio...loved it both times, but only for one night at either the beginning or end of our trips! I use my OKW points for the every three year entire family trips...we love being in the same Villa. Great times!

jenperich
05-01-2014, 09:12 AM
We're hoping for 2015, but it depends on my dad's retirement schedule. I think we could fit in a three bedroom. My ultimate choice would be the GV at DVC. We'll see what happens.

VWL Mom
05-01-2014, 06:32 PM
If the Poly has 3bdrm GV I'm sure they are going to be outrageous when it comes to points. I just looked at the charts for 2015 Choice Season and VGF is 866, Poly (if they even have GV) will be higher than that. You can't beat OKW point wise @ 358 and it does have that island flair but the low points could make it difficult to get.