View Full Version : Family Throw Back Trip Day 1

ftwildernesskid
04-30-2014, 11:13 AM
March 7-12

Cast: Myself, wife and mom of 3, and trip planner
Disney Sister, Christy,
Disney Mom, Sue,
Disney Dad, Charlie

Well, life got crazy for a bit so this report is a bit delayed. But there were things in this trip that I wanted to share. So I'm going to do my best to remember what I can.

We were up early for a 7am flight from Louisville to Orlando. We landed and eventually made our way to the Magical Express bus, waited about 20 minutes, and arrived at Pop Century by 10:30. I had already done an online check in, so that process went smoothly. We were upgraded to a preferred room and were told our rooms were available immediately. Bonus! Our parents took a slightly later flight so Christy and I picked up my EVC that I had rented from Apple and got settled.
Mom and Dad got settled once they arrived and we went over to DD to activate our military tickets and grab some lunch. My first attempt at loading my scooter onto the bus was interesting. I had driven it around a bit but getting it onto the bus and parallel parking in the scooter area is no easy feat for someone just using the scooter. After some trial and error, and discovering that the scooter had a dial to adjust my speed, I finally did it. But felt like I was holding the whole bus up in the process...I did get better.
Lunch at Earl Of Sandwich was yummy. We then got into the monster line at guest services. After a substantial wait it was finally our turn. The CMs were finally able to get everything done to activate our tickets. Lots of issues with the fp+ system, but they were nice and finally got it done. Im so glad we decided to do that the day before going into the parks. Hopefully, those kinks are worked out by now!
It was chilly and windy so we headed back to the room to relax a bit before our ADRs for Hoop De Doo that night. As many times as we had been to Disney, we had never been so we were super excited!
I decided to just use my crutches that night because I figured we wouldn't be walking much. By the end of the night I was so happy that I had rented the evc for my length of stay! Even the walking around there was way too much! Dinner and the show were great! Our table was literally front and center. It was the perfect way to start off our little family vacation!
We were pleasantly surprised that after the show buses were waiting to take guests directly back to their resorts. We were back by 9 and ready for a good night's sleep!

WDWFRK
04-30-2014, 04:48 PM
Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

KylesMom
04-30-2014, 06:51 PM
You are off to a great start - awesome that you were given a room upgrade! I can imagine how using a scooter would be intimidating at first.

Looking forward to reading more :mickey:

yjgirl32
05-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Great report- thanks for sharing.

faline
05-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Off to a wonderful start!

After an absence of a number of years, we saw Hoop de Doo again on our last trip in December - it's always so much fun! Isn't it wonderful to be so close to the stage?!!

vizsla
05-03-2014, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the report.

hauntedmansiongirl
05-07-2014, 04:36 AM
I love the Hoop Dee Doo! We're going back for our second time in September! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Enjoy HDDR, thanks for the review