PDA

View Full Version : Spoiled to DCL? I better not do a survey for RCL after last night!

Christine
04-29-2014, 07:00 AM
I just woke up and had to share my dream!
To preface, DH and I are liking the last minute deals that can be found on DCL for cast & FL residents. We snoozed and lost a good deal for this weekend. :(
DH found a good deal on Royal Caribbean. I just couldn't pull the trigger & purchase it.

Looks like a good thing! ;) in my dream-

They had staircases that didn't finish and you had to jump!
They didn't serve breakfast- only dinners and NO cake!
They didn't have soap or wipes to wash your hands. Ever. Anywhere.
And you had to have a mammogram before dinner!!

Disney what have you done to me!? :) :funny:

Ms. Mode
04-29-2014, 09:49 AM
That last one is a deal breaker for me! :)

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-29-2014, 09:52 AM
That is too funny. Your dreams are definitely trying to tell you something! :)

VWL Mom
04-29-2014, 10:17 AM
That's very funny :rotfl:

DizneyRox
04-29-2014, 12:10 PM
Got a cast discount once and yeah, they are terrific!

I'm a big RCCL fan, but haven't been in like three years. I do remember them having anti bacterial lotion stations EVERYWHERE! I prefer their setup to Disney.

We're thinking we might hit up RCCL again next year, but I too feel we may be spoiled by Disney. The price difference should help a ton though, you can sail for almost 1/2 of what Disney charges for a similar cruise. And RCCL's private island(s) are nothing to shake a stick at.

GMRO
04-29-2014, 03:53 PM
I just woke up and had to share my dream!
To preface, DH and I are liking the last minute deals that can be found on DCL for cast & FL residents. We snoozed and lost a good deal for this weekend. :(
DH found a good deal on Royal Caribbean. I just couldn't pull the trigger & purchase it.

Looks like a good thing! ;) in my dream-

They had staircases that didn't finish and you had to jump!
They didn't serve breakfast- only dinners and NO cake!
They didn't have soap or wipes to wash your hands. Ever. Anywhere.
And you had to have a mammogram before dinner!!

Disney what have you done to me!? :) :funny:

Interesting...

DW and I have the same feelings far as DCL and what they've done to us too. That said we planned our next year 2015 trip/cruise...to Alaska. And we began a few months ago setting a budget to do it the Disney/DCL way.

Well...let me just say for what we wanted it was "uber-pricey". Enough that we had thought of actually cutting back on the room etc...etc...just to cruise on DCL to Alaska.

BUT then we got some great information from a "group" that we respect in the travel industry and we looked outside the Disney bubble. YES, imagine that!

What we found out is that we could get top end stuff, Aqua Concierge Level, and still be UNDER the price of our economy DCL Alaska attempts.

Will WE miss DCL? YES.
Will WE be back the following year 2016? YES.

Just saying that sometimes going outside the bubble is not a bad thing. And weighing costs...it was well worth the savings. We figure we are going to see ALASKA and experience it for what it is. Plus I really don't want to have to fly or try to get to Vancouver. Seattle is much easier for us - and that's where Celebrity ports for Alaska.

Course having this cruise line highly recommended by folks we trust who will manage our trip as they have for years now; and having the 2 cruise lines, DCL/Celebrity, mentioned as very comparable for the amenities also made us breathe easier too.

Luckily they HAVE the sani-wipe stations...and I do hope don't run outta cake!!! ;)

We had hoped to use our "Gold Status" on DCL in 2015...but it'll just have to wait for 2016. As it is Aqua Concierge is noth'n to sneeze about either.

Only thing that stinks is that in a few weeks when we take to the water via DCL we can't book our 2016 trip due to the new restrictions on DCL for their advance booking time frame.

SHUCKS!!!