PDA

View Full Version : Under the 30 day mark - ?s

Cinderelley
04-29-2014, 05:16 AM
We will be arriving on May 27 for my friend's 50th bday celebration. He has never been. I have been to DCA once several years ago and had lunch at Downtown Disney once about 3 years ago. I have been to Disneyland many times though.

He wants to visit Downtown Disney the night we arrive. Any suggestions for what to do there? Neither of us drinks.

May 28 - we will be visiting DCA after breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. Any advice on a plan of attack for the park? Carsland is a must do for him. I want to make sure we get on Toy Story Midway Mania. He doesn't want to do the WoC dinner, but would prefer to watch the show from wherever we are. Can it be seen pretty much anywhere or should I just make the reservations?

May 29 - Disneyland! We have lunch reservations at Blue Bayou. I can't wait! PoTC at Disneyland is my favorite ride of all!

May 30 - we are leaving. Any must do breakfasts before we go?

BrerGnat
04-29-2014, 06:20 AM
Downtown Disney has lots of great restaurants. Just pick one and have dinner, then just wander. DtD is very "alive" at night with various musicians set up playing live music. We love the Ralph Brennan Jazz Kitchen, Naples, and Catal.

On DCA day, head straight for Cars Land to ride the Racers or get a FP for later. Midway Mania won't be a problem...no FP there and standby lines rarely exceed 45 min. World of Color cannot be viewed from "wherever you are" though. There are designated viewing areas and they disallow people from watching from along walkways (have to keep moving). A good portion of Paradise Pier closes early and is non accessible during the show. However, you don't need to do a dinner package. They gjve out FP for the viewing areas. These FP machines are disconnected from the system so you can get one and then immediately get a ride FP. You need to arrive at your color designated section 30-60 min in advance.

As for Disneyland, should be easy to do everything you want since it's a weekday before summer vacation starts. Should be great!

Steakhouse 55 at the DLH is a great spot for last morning breakfast.

Cinderelley
04-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks so much for the advice. I want to make this a great trip for him. You only turn 50 once!