PDA

View Full Version : Resort Pool Hours?

mamatedd
04-28-2014, 11:50 PM
One of my favorite memories of taking my kids when they were little was night swimming with them and recounting our favorite parts of the day. Since then, we have only gone back during cooler or ridiculously rainy times. I am hoping to "relive the magic" when we are there next week (OMG-NEXT WEEK!). Are there set hours for the pools? We are staying at CSR & AK Villas. Thank you for your help!:mickey:

Figaro
04-29-2014, 04:40 AM
One of my favorite memories of taking my kids when they were little was night swimming with them and recounting our favorite parts of the day. Since then, we have only gone back during cooler or ridiculously rainy times. I am hoping to "relive the magic" when we are there next week (OMG-NEXT WEEK!). Are there set hours for the pools? We are staying at CSR & AK Villas. Thank you for your help!:mickey:

This one is a blurred line to be totally honest with you. This is coming from a former lifeguard at WDW...Technically all WDW pools have set hours, however, that's moreso the justification that if you're in the pool beyond the hours and making a lot of noise or disturbing other guest that they can kick you out of the pool to return to your room. The pool hours of the lifeguards and water slides vary per season. Summer hours can usually be open at late as 10, Winter can wind down around 7-8 depending. I can't totally remember, but the normal opening times of most pools across property is either 9 or 10. Can't remember for sure right now.

snuggs30
04-29-2014, 08:16 AM
I was also wondering the same thing, except we will be at the cabins in ft wilderness. Next week also!! yay!!:thumbsup:

mydisneygirls
04-29-2014, 09:29 AM
I can only speak for WL. I have seen people in the pool as late at 11 p.m. Of course, there are no lifeguards and the slides are closed but they do allow night use of the pool at WL.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-29-2014, 10:07 AM
I know that our last stay at POR in 2012 that there didn't really seem to be set hours that you couldn't swim.

There were definitely defined hours in which the pool would have lifeguards and the water slides operating, but as I recall, you could still swim without the lifeguards present.

We were there in Nov/Dec and I seem to recall a midnight swim one night.

mamatedd
04-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Thank you for the replies! I seem to recall a midnight swim or two, as well...:blush: We shall see...

TheHD
04-29-2014, 10:35 PM
The midnight swim does sound like fun, but does everyone think or know that it's really not allowed or is it allowed and not advertised?

I wouldn't want to do it if it isn't allowed and the CMs just "look away". Knowing me, I'd be the one getting kicked out.

yankeesfan123
04-29-2014, 10:45 PM
I thought the resorts started putting up fences around the pools and enforcing pool hours after a few recent incidents?

mamatedd
04-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Yes. I think it is not allowed. If so, I have zero interest in breaking the rules! I am totally a rule follower & getting kicked out of a resort pool would MORTIFY me! Just was hoping we could "redo" our late night swims of the past. Will let you know! :mickey:

MyDisneyworld
04-30-2014, 10:19 AM
We just got back from BLT and people were swimming well after midnight and employees were cleaning up the area and said nothing. Not sure if they are looking away or they don't care. Our last stay at AKV was the same way, everyone swimming well after midnight. The hours seem to be more of when life guards are on duty. Of all the Disney resorts I have been to the only one that you knew was all the way closed was Vero Beach pool. They put up signs everywhere and employees made you leave.

#1donaldfan
04-30-2014, 12:23 PM
We have been in the quiet pool behind bldg 18 at Riverside past midnight and no one said a word. We were the only ones in and were very quiet. I'd say as long as they're not cleaning it, you make little to no noise you'd be fine. :mickey:

mamatedd
05-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks, Everyone!!! Extra excited now!!! We started this tradition when DD was 9, now she is almost 20 and flying down to join us! Literally, cant wait! 3 days!!!!

yankeesfan123
05-01-2014, 09:05 PM
A quick google if something like "disney enforcing pool hours" pulls up dozens of articles from last fall when Disney said they were going to start enforcing the hours....

It states that pools are going to start getting fences so the hours can be enforced.

Maybe not? Or, maybe just not yet?