PDA

View Full Version : Standard View

Goofy2014
04-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Can you request a room upgrade if you already checked in online. I got a standard room at the wilderness lodge. Just curious if snyone attempted this.

faline
04-27-2014, 05:30 PM
You can make the request but don't be surprised if you get exactly what you paid for or if you are quoted the cost for the upgrade.

Occasionally, guests are surprised with upgrades - this is often random and mostly not due to a request for an unpaid upgrade.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
04-27-2014, 08:27 PM
I would guess that it never hurts to try and ask. Worst they can say is.........sorry no. You never know.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-27-2014, 08:30 PM
You can ask, but be prepared to be happy with what you've booked.

It never hurts to ask, the worst they can say is no.

Gator
04-28-2014, 03:24 PM
I've often wondered if checking in online kept me from getting an upgrade. I'll say that I've tried it both way numerous times and never had the advantage of getting an upgrade. Not even once. So I don't even consider it.... until I read on intercot about all the people who got an upgrade to some park view room or preferred view. Make me :ack:

Mitzie
04-29-2014, 09:31 AM
This last trip we had a standard view CL room booked at YC. I had seen some pretty bad pics on other sites of people looking down at what I think is the maintenance area for the convention center. It was not pretty. I simply put in a request to be as close to the lounge as possible in an attempt to avoid that view. We ended up looking over the walk way to the convention center with the port cache to the left of us. Not bad really. I think many of said on here if you really have your heart set on another view be prepared to pay for it. I wasn't prepared to pay for a different view and would of settled for the maintenance area if that is what I got. The only other time we got an upgrade was a big move. Last spring break we had two rooms booked at CS with 2 adults and 4 kids so we needed connecting rooms. We got to CS to check in and we were informed we were being upgraded to WL. Like others have said..I don't think Disney was just trying to sprinkle some pixy dust on us. Something was going on and they needed to move us. We did like the move and didn't look a gift horse in the mouth. They also moved another family while we were standing there..

Patricia
04-30-2014, 10:29 AM
I booked a standard view room at WL but because we wanted a king bed, we were upgraded to courtyard view as that was all they had available with a king bed. I think quite a few of the upgrades happen because they can't accommodate you any other way.