PDA

View Full Version : Weekend after Thanksgiving

Scrappy2
04-27-2014, 05:02 PM
I have been a couple of times the week of Thansgiving and I know how crowded that week is. How are the crowds Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving?

faline
04-27-2014, 05:37 PM
Do you mean the Saturday and Sunday that immediately follow Thanksgiving on Thursday or the week after that?

If you mean Saturday and Sunday (two and three days after Thanksgiving), you can expect the crowds remain high on Saturday and begin to drop off on Sunday as the holiday crowds head home.

If you mean the following week, you will find the crowds a lot more comfortable though you will still have plenty of company as this is an increasingly popular time to visit.

Scrappy2
04-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Thank you. I am talking about the days right after.

buzznwoodysmom
04-27-2014, 10:13 PM
We have done thanksgiving several times, and we have always found the busiest days to be Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We stayed up until the Tuesday after one year and that Sunday was when we started noticing a decline. By Monday it felt "empty".

TheRustyScupper
04-28-2014, 10:49 AM
. . . How are the crowds Saturday and Sunday after Thanksgiving?

1) Let's see if I can explain . . .
. . . elbow-to-elbow
. . . shoulder-to-shoulder
. . . heel-to-toe
2) In other words, ONLY just less than Christmas Week.

Scrappy2
04-28-2014, 02:18 PM
This is not the answer I was hoping for!

buzznwoodysmom
04-28-2014, 08:17 PM
1) Let's see if I can explain . . .
. . . elbow-to-elbow
. . . shoulder-to-shoulder
. . . heel-to-toe
2) In other words, ONLY just less than Christmas Week.

We have been several times for the entire week of Thanksgiving and we have NEVER experienced crowds that bad. Its never been "shoulder to shoulder", except for maybe the parades and fireworks, and those are always crowded no matter the time year it seems. Of all the holidays we have been, most of them, I find Thanksgiving week to be highly exaggerated. It's really never been that bad.