PDA

View Full Version : Pirates with a disability

beksy
04-25-2014, 03:17 PM
One of Mom's favorite rides is POTC but she is unable to walk very far. We will have an ECV for her like usual but I know that, at least when we were there before, it could not be taken past the entrance to the ride. Is there some type of handicap entrance or do they have regular wheelchairs that we can use to push her to the ride, or at least farther along? I know she will not be able to walk all the way to the ride and hate for her to miss this. Thanks! :pirate:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-25-2014, 06:31 PM
Yes, there are wheelchairs available at the attraction. No worries at all!

PETE FROM NYC
04-27-2014, 05:45 PM
There is, or at least was, a handicapped entrance on the left. We used it on a trip a few years back several times. Then another day some CM told me it did not exist. I had a big argument with that jerk. He insisted we use their wheelchair to go in. I tried it, and lost control of it. If not for 2 helpful guests, my wife may have been hurt. I look3d for that CM when we exited, but could not find him. I may have hit him for endangering DW.

Renfairwedding
04-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Unlike the Haunted mansion and some other rides rider can't load at the exit and ride though.

They are supposed to have a wheel chair available at the exit once you disembark then use the elevator. It's a good walk from the elevator to the EVC and chair parking and give up waiting.

Bass T-bone
04-27-2014, 10:24 PM
Yeah, the wheel chair entrance is around the left at the "back". It is a straight path that goes right to the turn stiles just before the boat launch.

beksy
05-19-2014, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the responses! I'll be sure to ask about the other entrance when we go. :mickey: