PDA

View Full Version : My Disney Experience-getting rid of friends and family?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
04-24-2014, 02:32 PM
A year ago over spring break, we went to Disney with some friends. At that time, I added them on My Disney Experience and linked their tickets. I may never travel to Disney with these folks again (not that I don't like them!) and would like to delete those friends from my list, however the system won't let me do that, as it says nobody with plans or entitlements can be deleted. The only thing linked to their names are the tickets which were used when we were there, which are long expired. I have inactivated them, but I'm still not allowed to delete the friends from my list. Anyone have suggestions on how to do this? We have another trip coming up with different friends and I'd just like to clean up my list a bit!

Melanie
04-24-2014, 02:56 PM
I'm wondering the same thing, and had the same issue. Following this thread....

LandFan
04-24-2014, 03:07 PM
following… (I'll probably need this info too!)

DizneyRox
04-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Go to your profile, My Friends and Family List, Edit the person you want to delete, and way at the bottom is an option for deleting them.

If that doesn't work, call Disney would be my advice...

They are notorious for saving and linking information incorrectly. I know I traveled once with my parents and somehow they constantly assume my mom is my wife. I've also got phone numbers that haven't been in use in like 10 years, addresses that are even older. I can't seem to get them out of their system.

Melanie
04-24-2014, 03:47 PM
I've done what you said Rox, and got the same outcome the OP did where it said you can't delete if there are existing plans. Thing is, there aren't any! Frustrating. Again, as we all say, it's ridiculous that a corporation this size has such terrible websites/technology.

VAdizneefan
04-24-2014, 04:39 PM
I would call WDW Tech Support. They are great to work with on these types of issues.

disneymom15
04-24-2014, 04:42 PM
I was able to remove family members from my MDE a while back. I don't remember how I did it, but it did work for me.

stephicakes
04-25-2014, 06:00 AM
I had the same issue and called WDW Tech support - they had the unwanted names deleted in 5 minutes.