PDA

View Full Version : My Birthday Celebration Part 1

Disney4us2
04-24-2014, 11:57 AM
I marked my first birthday without my father this year. It also is the beginning of a new decade for me....YIKES I am 60 (by numbers only).

We stayed at AKL... and were given a h/c room... which I didn't ask for. Didn't like the room as much, but it was only for one night. We checked in on 4/18 (my BD) and checked out on 4/19

Checking in: After we got Ginger settled at Best Friends, we checked in. They couldn't put my dining plan or room on my band that has my passes.... my fault as I didn't link it prior to checkin. I used the band that they had waiting for us. I thought I entered the PIN number... guess I didn't. Later on that.

We got to Epcot around 10 am. Jessica went straight to Captain EO to see if she could break her record of how many time she could see it in one day. She did end up breaking it as the CM's let her stay in the theater to watch it over and over. She was so excited about that.

I just looked in the shops and took in the flowers until lunch.

Lunch was at Teppan Edo. Haven't been there in a while. Food was good,not great. Service was very good. There was a glitch with my magic band as it would not work with the PIN I entered. They tried over and over with no success. This is when they asked how I wanted to pay. UHHHH with the dining plan. Also found out that they don't take the TIW card. Tokyo Dining does. I guess I shouldn't assume.

They finally entered my ID code on the magic band and all was corrected. Whewwww

After lunch Jessica went back to Captain EO and I went to find Melanie, Christine, and Cindy.

We passed each other and finally met up at Japan. It was a nice time and around 3pm I left to try and go back to the resort to fix the PIN problem.

faline
04-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Happy birthday, Marci!!

Congrats to Jessica on her record but I know I certainly couldn't sit through that show for an entire morning!! Yikes!!

Nice way to celebrate!!

KylesMom
04-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Marci, I am happy that you were able to stay at AKL for your birthday - what a treat! However, I wish your experience with check-in, the magic bands, dining plan, etcetera had gone better.

What a nice day for roaming the F&GF. I got a giggle out of Jessica's quest for the day, glad she was able to accomplish what she set out to do. :D Lovely that you were able to meet up with the ladies of INTERCOT, too!

I hope that you were able to quickly resolve the PIN issue when you arrived back at the resort.

Happy belated birthday! :cake:

Tiggerlovr9000
04-25-2014, 12:44 AM
Happy birthday Marci

clausjo
04-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Happy belated birthday, Marci!

As much as I love Michael Jackson and can still enjoy the nastalgia of Captain EO, I definately could not do it more than once a trip (if that) let alone over and over! Good for Jess though! I'm sure she was so excited to be able to beat her goal!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Glad you got the glitch worked out, thanks for the report

vizsla
04-26-2014, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the report.

AgentC
04-26-2014, 07:28 AM
It was great seeing you. I haven't read the rest of your reports yet but I hope you had a wonderful time.

princessgirls
04-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Happy Birthday Marci!

Sounds like you had a great day!!!

Julie:mickey: