PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Green

Katzateer
04-22-2014, 04:07 PM
A co- worker of my husband stayed at Shades of Green recently. As a Department of Defense employee, we are eligible.

Where exactly do you stay?? It says tropical theme and walk to Poynesian.

The rooms look nice and large.

wdwfansince75
04-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Check out their website. SoG is an update of the original Disney Inn. It is a short walk to/from the Polynesian....The rooms are about the largest rooms on site. Two queens and a day bed. They also have suites. Best deal on site.

Melanie
04-22-2014, 08:43 PM
It's awesome! Huge rooms (they are largest on property), nice large bathrooms, roomy beds, and all rooms have balconies. The walk to the Poly is nice and easy, and the bus service is always right on time. The Magnolia pool was just redone and is a large zero entry pool, and there is a new coffee bar serving Starbucks and a brand new exchange, where items are not overpriced. There are lots of good food options, from quick serve, to pizza to sit down.

IMO, can't beat it for $131/night. We are staying there again for Marathon Weekend in January.

Katzateer
04-23-2014, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the replies! I think we may go for it. And I am looking at the auto train instead of flying. My husband wants to try it. Will be a new and different trip!:thumbsup:

wdwfansince75
04-23-2014, 08:03 AM
Note that you can also "sponsor" rooms...That is, if you have friends or family members that want to go with you, you can get extra rooms at the same rate as your own. We have done that for both family and friends on most of our trips. For us, both DW and I can each reserve 3 rooms. Not sure if spouse of DoD employees can "sponsor" rooms, but your DH can reserve a total of 3 rooms.

Crow
04-25-2014, 01:28 AM
its a good deal, ive stayed there a few times w a military friend. priced as a mod for a deluxe type resort. not a bad walk to Poly.

betsyt82
04-26-2014, 09:18 PM
We have loved staying at SoG. It is great and I figure it means a larger room with more money to go to dinner on at some our favorite places. We loved doing to car train a few years back Remember to bring some good head phones. Some family's were not as good about having Their kids use head phones and that could be noisy. It was great to pack what we wanted into the car and not have to worry about what size they were or what not to pack due to cost of extra bags. Have fun!

pixiesmimi
05-07-2014, 02:05 PM
The only drawback is you can't use the Disney Dining Plan. SoG has their own dining plan but you have to eat there. We love the DDP so haven't stayed at the SoG in a while. We try to get a Disney Resort with the Military Discount.