PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?

Basket Mommy
04-22-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm trying to plan a quick trip in mid-May. I know it's not that far away. I've looked for availability at DVC properties. There are rooms at OKW and SSR, so I'm good there. I'm just wondering if I'd be able to get any good Fastpasses at this late date, or if it would just be futile. Since you can't even make FP selections w/o tickets, I can't see what's available to know whether or not to plan a trip. And I do not want to shell out $$ for 5 people to go to Disney if I can't get anything we like to ride.

Thoughts?

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-22-2014, 09:54 AM
If you have the time and the money go for it! The vast majority of people aren't booking FP+ weeks or months in advance, so I can't see there not being quite a bit still available. A couple of the really popular things (like meeting Anna & Elsa) may not be available, but the rest should be.

Also, don't forget ... a trip is much more than the 3 FP+ a day. Most of what you do will still be outside of what you've booked.

My vote is to go and enjoy. :mickey:

Figment104
04-22-2014, 12:25 PM
If you have the time and the money go for it! The vast majority of people aren't booking FP+ weeks or months in advance, so I can't see there not being quite a bit still available. A couple of the really popular things (like meeting Anna & Elsa) may not be available, but the rest should be.

Also, don't forget ... a trip is much more than the 3 FP+ a day. Most of what you do will still be outside of what you've booked.

My vote is to go and enjoy. :mickey:

I agree 100% with this!

Basket Mommy
04-22-2014, 12:30 PM
While I do understand that a trip is about more than the rides, I do have children (ages 9, 11, 13 and 16) for whom Disney is all about what they ride. The boys are especially bored if they don't ride "enough" rides, and the hubby starts calculating what we're spending to go and ride "nothing." He's not experienced the FP+ yet, whereas the 16 YO and I went last month and thought it was okay. But I planned that trip well in advance and was frustrated with the lack of choices available when we decided to change our plans in the middle of the day.

minnie04
04-22-2014, 01:11 PM
The only way to "guarantee” your rides are to buy the tickets now. If you are for sure going then maybe buy the tickets now and book the FP+ rides you want. If you’re not sure of the trip at all then I guess hold off on the tickets.. The only time that might be busy would be the end of the month Memorial weekend. :mickey:

retiredfigment
04-22-2014, 01:47 PM
I made our fast passes when I was able to do it. When we got to Disney, my DD changed almost all of them, in the morning, as we took the bus to a park, and she mostly got better ones than I had made.